Waiting on Wednesday (1) | Alexia's Books and Such: Waiting on Wednesday (1)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's a way to highlight eagerly anticipated hot, new titles.

I've never participated in this meme before, but once I read the excerpt on this one, it immediately went on my Must Read list!

by
Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer

What happens when happily ever after…isn’t? Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book - one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah. And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom. Delilah and Oliver work together to attempt to get Oliver out of his book, a challenging task that forces them to examine their perceptions of fate, the world, and their places in it. And as their attraction to each other grows along the way, a romance blossoms that is anything but a fairy tale.

Expected publication: June 26, 2012

22 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to this, too. It seems so different from normal Jodi Picoult books!

    Allison @ Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi is always good, but this book is taking her in an entirely new direction. Can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  2. Okay, normally I don't read many Picoult books, and I don't know if it's the addition of the other author, but this sounds exactly like a book I'd want to read! Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited that she's written a YA title. I can't wait to read it either!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one seems so cute. And it's written by a mother-daughter duo. Should be good!

    Laura @ The Traveling Owl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a few Jodi Picoult but haven't heard of Samantha van Leer so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodi Picoult keeps coming up with these great books. I definitely want to read this one too.
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good! I love the idea of the boy speaking to her from the book, I always wanted that to happen to me as a kid. I've never read Jodi Picoult but I've always wanted to give her books a try. Thanks!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh....me likee! I've been seeing it around the blogosphere and Shelf Awareness but this is the first blurb I've read. Thanks for adding to my wish list *-* (no really, thanks!). ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is on my list, too! I preordered it awhile ago, so I'm very excited to finally get it.

    I'm guessing this one will be a wonderful addition to my books.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great choice.

      http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

      Delete
  10. I was lucky enough to get a copy from Simon & Schuster. It was good, but I can't compare with her adult book, as it was the only book I have ever read of Jodi Picoult. Great pick!
    Em
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book looks like a great read. Great choice!

    Check out my WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book does sound good! I may be adding it to my own TBR list.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1993

    ReplyDelete
  13. I fear I'm the only one who hasn't read any Jodi Picoult so far. o.o Damn..

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm anxious to see how people like her ya book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Def a new genre for Jodi, but I'm excited to read it. Thanks for sharing. My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Between the Lines sounds like a wonderful story, thank you for sharing this review :}. You might also enjoy a new rags to riches story for young adults entitled, The Corporate Kid, by Neil Shulman and Susan Wrathall. The story is dramatic and humorous. I highly recommend this one. You can find the authors' website here: http://www.thecorporatekid.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great choice!! I added it to my TBR list. I am such a huge fan of Jodi Picoult!! I'm a new follower and just wanted to drop by and say hi :) I love your blog!!

    My WoW


    -Riya

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice!! I added it to my TBR list. I am such a huge fan of Jodi Picoult!! I'm a new follower and just wanted to drop by and say hi :) I love your blog!!

    My WoW


    -Riya

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am really looking forward to this one as well after you told me about it. Just keep those recommendations coming. I like your style!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u