My Goodie Bag | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Goodie Bag

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Goodie Bag


Decided to participate in Grace's Goodie Bag meme this week, over at Books of Love! This is a chance to share the titles I've received this week, either from the library or bookstore or if I'm lucky, publishers! The intent is not to brag, but rather to share new titles and discover what others have received this week. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:
Rhemalda Publishing has been sharing free titles with us for a few weeks now. I don't have a kindle, so they were nice enough to email me an ePub copy for my nook. Sounds awesome!

Subliminal by Brian Blocker

Robert Dawes is a hard man to say no to. In fact, it's almost impossible not to let him have his way. After using his charm to construct the perfect life and conquer his part of the corporate world, he meets a stranger who tells him the real reason for his success.
Robert is subconsciously controlling the minds of others.



Purchased:
Saw this title featured over at The Book Vixen's My Bookish Wants & Gots and she was nice enough to let me know if was a free eBook when I mentioned that it sounded awesome. Love the whole premise!

Wolf Signs by Vivian Arend

Robyn Maxwell doesn't care that her brother has to cancel out on their backcountry ski trip. She can do it alone. The fact she's deaf doesn't make her survival skills any weaker. The chance to get away from it all and relax in the Yukon wilderness is just what she's been craving. Meeting wilderness guide Keil at the cabin starts cravings of another kind. Keil's one hot hunk of ripped, tasty male. Now she has to deal with raging hormones as well as strange questions about wolves and mates and challenges to the death. Keil was trying for a nice reflective retreat before challenging for the Alpha position of his Alaskan pack. He wasn't planning on meeting the woman destined to be his mate, or finding out she's not aware she has the genes of a wolf. Between dealing with his accident-prone younger brother, a deaf mate with an attitude and an impending duel to the death, his week--and his bed--is suddenly full. Far from the relaxing getaway any of them had in mind....

***
I should really know better by now....I can never walk into a bookstore and walk out empty handed. In fact, I'm surprised I made it out of there with only one book! Okay, I also bought another journal, but that doesn't count (does it?). I've seen this book around the blogosphere and when I saw it in person, it just jumped into my arms and insisted I take it home with me! Honest! ;)

Croak by Gina Damico

Sixteen-year-old Lex Bartleby has sucker-punched her last classmate. Fed up with her punkish, wild behavior, her parents ship her off to upstate New York to live with her Uncle Mort for the summer, hoping that a few months of dirty farm work will whip her back into shape. But Uncle Mort’s true occupation is much dirtier than that of shoveling manure. He’s a Grim Reaper. And he’s going to teach her the family business.




What did you receive this week?
Leave me a link and I'll swing by to check them out!


46 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my post this morning!! I have Wolf Signs on my Nook...I just haven't read it like most of the books on my nook. I REALLY want to read Croak bad too. Happy Reading:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to admit that I haven't read most of the books on my nook either. So easy to download, but hard to find the time. :(

      Delete
  2. Awesome Goodie Bag this week Alexa, hope you enjoy your new reads..thanks for participating.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Love that you turned your Goodie Bag posts into a meme for us all!

      Delete
  3. Hope you enjoy your new books, and I completely understand about bookstores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryan! I still want to go to your used bookstore with you, as you find the most amazing bargains!

      Delete
  4. I love the cover of Croak! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very shiny and pretty! And I love the little smirk on her face. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm planning on getting CROAK this week! Great Goodie Bag this week! Thanks for stopping by!

    Lily

    So say we all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep an eye out for your review, as it might be awhile before I can read it.

      Delete
  6. If I see Croak at the book store I'm sure it will jump in my arms as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was the strangest thing.... *whistles innocently*

      Delete
  7. Croak looks really good. I can't wait to read it. Hope you enjoy all your books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I may need to rearrange my TBR pile, as Croak is so shiny and pretty and keeps calling my name!

      Delete
  8. Eeeppp!!! Croak! Bee searching EVERYWHERE for that. Awesome GB! :D

    Thanks for dropping by my Showcase Sunday. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen so much buzz about Croak that I couldn't resist breaking my book buying ban to finally buy a copy of my very own!

      Delete
  9. Oh! Subliminal looks awesome! Gonna have to take a look at that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying really hard not to add anything to my TBR piles, but keep being tempted!

      Delete
  10. Croak sounds really different and interesting!!

    Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Shout Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the book blurb and cover, so fingers crossed it lives up to the hype!

      Delete
  11. Awesome haul! I have Croak on my TBR shelf and can't wait to start reading it! It seems like a very funny book, perfect for a light read! <3

    New follower here! :)

    Here is my haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Hilda! Love your Hummingbird Haul this week!

      Delete
  12. I've heard great things about Croak! Awesome books, have a great week :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! Hope you have a great week too! :)

      Delete
  13. Croak looks SO awesome! Happy reading, Alexia :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by Libby Blog! You have new books here I haven't heard of! Fun! Check out Our Week in Books at Libby Blog! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found some new titles on your haul too! That's why I love these posts, as I'm always adding to my wishlist!

      Delete
  15. Croaked was soooo good! Hope you like it too
    WTF Are You Reading?: WTF's In My Mailbox #2
    Following via Networked Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome haul this week! I've never even come close to 28 books! :o

      Enjoy!

      Delete
  16. Awesome haul this week! I hope you enjoy all your new goodies!

    The Week at Book Brats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quality Reads! I like the synopsis of Croak, I might get that in the near future.

    Talk Supe BB&B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Braine! Love your new BB&B feature!

      Delete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my post. :) I loved Wolf Signs, the whole series is pretty great. I hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am looking forward to Wolf Signs, as it sounds so unique! Didn't know there was a whole series, so will check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  19. I'm seeing 'Croak' everywhere. You'll have to let me know if it's any good. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First page grabbed me, but I've got several in line ahead of it. Who knows, it keeps calling my name and it may have to jump to the head of the stack!

      Delete
  20. Book one sounds curious....but CROAK is the one on my wish list. From the other reviews I've read, it sounds good! Can't wait to hear your take on it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it on my wishlist too, and how could I not bring it home after it jumped into my arms? Hey, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! *L*

      Delete
  21. I read Wolf Signs over the weekend and it was soooo good! Definitely want to read more in that series and more by that author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like some great books! And so glad you got Subliminal. Do hope you enjoy it, and the books you purchased as well. :) Thank you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've heard great things about Croak! I hope you enjoy all of your books you got this week. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Agnieszka @ Nook of Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. Croak seems to be really popular this week! I've seen it on several blogs in the past few weeks/months so I'm pretty sure it's a good one :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u