Recovery from my bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement) is taking longer than expected, so I'm still offline. Hoping to be back soon, so please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Monday, April 9, 2012

Review: SEAL of My Dreams

SEAL of my Dreams anthology

Honor, duty, courage, passion . . . the men of the Navy SEALs are a special breed of hero, and in these novellas by eighteen top romance authors the SEALs are celebrated not only as symbols of devoted service to their country but as the kind of men every woman wants to love. They’ll rescue a damsel in distress and her lap dog, too. They’ll battle hometown dramas and international bad guys. When it comes to giving away their hearts, they’ll risk everything.

All proceeds from sales of SEAL of My Dreams go to the Veterans Research Corporation, a non-profit fundraiser for veterans’ medical research.


My Thoughts:
Let's take a moment to drool over admire contemplate the gorgeousness that is this book's cover. The model's face isn't shown, making him the perfect man to suit your fantasy tastes. I don't know if the tattoo is real or not, but there's something incredibly sexy about a man with ink! And look at those muscles! Slim, toned, sleek and totally Alpha Male. *sigh*

Sadly, the cover and profit donation statement are my favorite parts of the book. It's a shame too, as I really love anthologies.

The stories gave me a sense of deja vu, as the hero was either returning home wounded or rescuing a damsel in distress. I get that these are short stories about SEALs, but I couldn't read them in one sitting as there was too much "been there, done that" to them.

One of the stories actually made me angry. It was about a SEAL returning home who visits his ex-girlfriend before heading out again. They were childhood sweethearts who broke up because she was anti-war and he became a soldier. They fall back into each other's arms and she apologizes for not understanding! Excuse me? Why can't she be against war? Why should she have to apologize for her beliefs? I have nothing but admiration for anyone who chooses to enlist and support soldiers 100%, but I am against warfare. This really, really annoyed me!

But there were a few stories that I did enjoy, especially the ones with dogs. Loved the story with the wounded dog soldier who had lost his handler! That one really tugged at the old heart strings!

This isn't a bad collection, just so many of them sounded too similar. Gave it a 3/5 as I did enjoy this anthology, but it didn't blow me away.

eBook from my personal library

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, love that cover! Sorry to hear this one was an okay anthology. I'm with you, I love my anthos, but sometimes there are a few that are just okay. Thanks for the review, and letting us drool over the cover some. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you cooled down yet? Thanks for a great and honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you missed a spot of drool right there...*passes tissue* ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. too bad that cover didn't live up to the stories

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u