Looking for IMM Alternatives... | Alexia's Books and Such: Looking for IMM Alternatives...

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Looking for IMM Alternatives...



Due to the recent scandal in the book blogging community, I find myself in need of a new way to showcase new titles. I like giving them a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review a book.  Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. There is no intent to brag, but rather an attempt to share new titles and discover them in return. Luckily, I didn't receive or buy anything this week, so I have a little breathing room...

Here are some of the options I've discovered so far:


Grace at Books of Love has a new meme called Goodie Bag Saturdays. As Grace explains: can show off other things than books, DVDS, movies, swag, so on. If you didn't get books you can talk about other books that are on your shelves that others might find interesting or books you will be showcasing... 


The ladies at The Book Vixen have started a new meme called My Bookish Wants & Gots. I like that it's a combination of what you received and the things on your wishlist. And ya' gotta love the title!


Anna's Book Blog has a new Book Haul meme, where you can link whatever type of mailbox post you like. It's another good option to consider!


Lily at Moirae (the Fates) Book Reviews started a weekly meme called Ma semaine dans les livres (My week in books) that will be posted on Fridays. I love the whole Parisian theme! 


Then there is the popular Mailbox Monday meme, started by Marcia but unique in that it has a new host every month. Since everyone seems to use their own picture, I used the one from April's host, Cindy's Love of Books. As stated on the website: Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wishlists.


So there are the options I've found so far. Anyone know of any others out there? I enjoy seeing what everyone received each week and have discovered some great new reads this way, so don't want to give it up entirely. I'll still visit and comment on my blogger buddie's IMM posts if they chose to participate, I just want an alternative.

Think this is going to be a tough decision!



36 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were so many to choose from. From your list I've only heard of Mailbox Monday which seems pretty popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea either, and these are just the people I follow! Will be hard to decide which one to go with...they all look good!

      Delete
  2. Stacking the Shelves at Tynga's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! I'll add it to my list to go check out. Love that we have so many options!

      Delete
  3. I have started a new feature at my blog as well. That's what I'll be doing for awhile :) Thanks for the round up of others!

    my post is here: Sunday Shout Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another great option! Love the idea of giving a shout out to new books!

      Delete
  4. I'm going with Stacking the Shelves at Tynga's Reviews. I like her graphic and I like the concept. Like you, I get books that often sit (for months) before I get a chance to read them. I still want to showcase them for others who are looking for new books. Good luck in making a decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked out Tynga's Stacking the Shelves and like the belly update she included! Cool graphic too!

      Delete
  5. I've seen at least three others already this morning too! I'm so torn and confused over which to do. I never did IMM much, mostly because until recently I didn't have much other than my own books to show off, but I'd like to participate on occasion and IMM isn't an option for me. Maybe I'll just alternate for awhile and see which meme I like best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were just the ones I found yesterday in my Reader, so am sure there will be even more options if I did a Google search. Like you, I'm torn and a little confused. Love your idea of alternating between them and seeing which one works best. Good luck to us both!

      Delete
    2. I used Mailbox Monday. I include all books, DVDs, and CDs I get during the last week.

      Delete
    3. I've been thinking about that one, but am torn by all of the choices. I do like the Charlie Brown picture you use for your MM posts though! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for listing all these awesome alternatives, and I think it's great that everyone is taking their time to decide, still visiting everyone else and commenting.

    And I've found some amazing new bloggers too :-)

    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, finding amazing new bloggers thru the scandal is a silver lining to this whole debacle!

      Delete
  7. Showcase Sunday! :)

    But yeah, there are lots of alternatives out there - it's crazy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am glad that we have alternatives, but it's so hard to pick just one! :o

      Delete
  8. Ooh you found some that I haven't, we must have hit 10 between us!
    TY for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved that you found even more alternatives! It's good to have options....but they all look so good it will be hard to choose!

      Delete
  9. I was wondering this too...I decided to just do my own thing and not link up anywhere this time. I am just going to do the Book Haul thing. Anyone is welcome to join in with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Book Haul as that's what I usually call it, but also like a few of the others. Think I'm going to give them all a shot and see which one fits me best.

      Delete
  10. I agree, this is hard. What's worse to me is the way that so many book bloggers turned on each other after this happened. It's kind of shocking, really.

    I hope to run into you at BEA too! I'm so excited :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's so sad when the community is divided like this.

      Looking forward to BEA! Was surprised at how many bloggers I ran into while standing in line, so am sure we'll hook up one way or the other!

      Delete
  11. I tried Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge from On a Book Bender today, and I enjoyed it - it's a way of featuring anything you "found" in the past week that was awesome, from posts by other bloggers to books you received in the mail. Maybe worth checking out for you? Though if you're looking for a straight IMM replacement, this is a little more complicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not looking for a straight replacement, just something to show a little love to my newest books so this might work. Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  12. Good luck on your search, dear! I decided to just do my own thing at my blog and actually had a lot of fun today just popping around and commenting on any book-sharing posts that I came across, no matter which meme they were doing, whether they were doing IMM, MM, or any of the newer ones. It worked well, so I plan to keep doing it this way! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bopped around the blogosphere leaving comments too, which is how I discovered a few other options. Glad you found something that worked for you! :)

      Delete
  13. I can't help you much. I don't usually participate in any of the mailbox memes. I just can't keep up. Good luck finding a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to find most new authors and titles thru the mailbox memes and wishlist posts, so would hate to give them up.

      Delete
  14. I'm going to be Mailbox Mondaying it from now on. My post will be up in a few hours but it's great that there are so many alternatives. I may in the end just post my weekly haul with our attaching to a meme but for right now that just seems the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not attaching our hauls to any particular meme is another option, as that way we don't have to choose. :)

      Delete
  15. Well I'm doing the Stalking the Shelves for now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacking the Shelves seemed to be a popular choice this past week!

      Delete
  16. I do the Monday's Beginnings, kind of sharing highlights of last week and what I got, and what my hopes are for the week to come. It sounds like a lot, but gives a highlight of everything in case anyone missed stuff.

    Do hope you find a new meme to follow. :) And have a great week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have only heard of a few of these in passing. Good luck on the decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will be a tough choice...

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u