In My Mailbox (109) | Alexia's Books and Such...: In My Mailbox (109)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, April 1, 2012

In My Mailbox (109)

In My Mailbox (109)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:
Enjoyed the Signs of the Zodiac series by Vicki, and this new series sounds awesome! Couldn't resist requesting it from Amazon Vine, and very happy when it showed up in my mailbox!

The Taken by Vicki Pettersson
The Taken by Vicki Pettersson

He’s a fallen angel. She’s a rockabilly reporter. Together they must solve a deadly string of murders plaguing the mortal and the immortal worlds.

***
Saw this one offered in a Shelf Awareness newsletter and it sounded intriguing...

Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon
Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon

For fans of Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones’s Diary and Allison Pearson’s I Don’t Know How She Does It comes an irresistible novel of a woman losing herself . . . and finding herself again . . . in the middle of her life.


Purchased:
Saw this one around the blogosphere and had to download a copy of my very own! I'm a sucker for anthologies, plus all proceeds from sales of SEAL of My Dreams go to the Veterans Research Corporation, a non-profit fundraiser for veterans’ medical research. Awesome book for a great cause!

SEAL of my Dreams anthology

Honor, duty, courage, passion . . . the men of the Navy SEALs are a special breed of hero, and in these novellas by eighteen top romance authors the SEALs are celebrated not only as symbols of devoted service to their country but as the kind of men every woman wants to love.




Get anything interesting in your mailbox this week?

12 comments:

  1. Great haul! The Taken looks intriguing- I'm going to look into that one!

    New follower! :-)

    My IMM: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/in-my-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Anna! Vicki is awesome, so I have high hopes for The Taken!

      Delete
  2. Rockabilly reporter!! How cool! Sounds like a fun read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally have a copy of seal of my dreams that i haven't read yet. and i saw it again today at the bookstore. guess i should read it then. :) enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mixed feelings about SEAL of my Dreams, but do love the cover!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on "Wife 22." It's been too long since I've read a book like "Bridget Jones's Diary."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, as books like that don't come around very often!

      Delete
  5. I was staring at the SEAL of My Dreams' cover and staring, and then it hit me - I have a bookmark with it! ;D

    Happy reading and thank you so much for stopping by!
    Agnieszka @ Nook of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous, as that would make an awesome bookmark! Lucky lady! :)

      Delete
  6. Nice mailbox! That first one has a very striking cover....something about how her dress is red in the fore ground and the "angel" is dark and sinistery in the background there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always get excited about a new series from an author I like!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u