Book Review: Hidden by Kelley Armstrong | Alexia's Books and Such: Book Review: Hidden by Kelley Armstrong

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, April 27, 2012

Book Review: Hidden by Kelley Armstrong

by Kelley Armstrong

Werewolves Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers want to give their four-year-old twins, Kate and Logan, something their parents never had: a nice, normal holiday. No Pack responsibilities, no homicidal half-demons or power-hungry sorcerers to deal with - just the four of them, alone, at a chalet outside Ontario’s Algonquin Park.

My Thoughts:
Clay and Elena are one of my favorite couples in urban fantasy, so was very excited to read this one! And I'm happy to report that it doesn't disappoint!

Elena has always wanted a family Christmas, and Clay is determined to give it to her. I'm thrilled that having children hasn't ruined their relationship, as they make a great couple! Unlike most urban fantasy couples, Clay and Elena butt heads more often than not, but you know that they really love each other. The twins just add to their relationship, and I love seeing them as parents!

Was a little surprised that they haven't told the twins that their family and friends are all werewolves, but can understand why Elena wants to wait. Pretty sure the kids know something is up, so curious to see how the parents handle it.

The main plot was okay, but I found myself more interested in the family dynamics. And I don't remember the younger weres from previous books, but it's been awhile. Really liked them, and hope to learn more about them in the next book!

This was a fast, enjoyable read and should tide you over until the next book. Kelley is an extremely talented writer and has yet to disappoint! Gave it a 4/5 as I really enjoyed seeing Clay and Elena again!

eBook from my personal nook library



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm not really a fan of the cover as it looks a little too much like a graphic novel to me, but it was a fun read!

      Delete
  2. Is this a full book or a novella?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Guess I should have mentioned that - it's a novella. A fast, but good read!

      Delete
  3. Urban fantasy+werewolves+a great couple=I need to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley is an awesome writer and I've loved everything she's written, so hope you check her out soon!

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this series before. I didn't realise Kelley Armstrong wrote a werewolf series. I enjoy her writing so I'll keep this one in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never heard of this series? Elena and Clay are one of my favorite couples! Hope you give it a try and fall in love with them like I did! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I do need to get to these short reads, and the first 10 books of the series. lol. So glad to see you enjoyed this so. :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa! You NEED to read these books! They're SOOO good! *nods*

      Yea, I'm a little hooked on this series. :)

      Delete
  6. Not my genre, but certainly a friend of mine's. *jots down title* Thanks for the share! Curious cover though....almost thought it was a manga book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so not loving the cover on this one. And you're right - it does look a little like a manga cover!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u