Bloggiesta Wrap Up | Alexia's Books and Such: Bloggiesta Wrap Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bloggiesta Wrap Up

Bloggiesta 2012

Hard to believe that Bloggiesta is over already! I tried to keep my to-do list manageable, but kept getting new ideas as I visited other participants. Think I'm going to keep that list on the side and keep working on my blog, as I had so many great "oh, I want to do that!" moments!

So without any further ado, here's my original list of goals:

  1. Update my reviews on Amazon, BN.com, and Goodreads (done)
  2. Clean up my sidebars (done)
    *got rid of old links
    *removed stat counters I no longer use
    *updated my blog roll
  3. Change my blog design (taking longer than expected)
  4. Get my non-book blog up and running (done)
  5. Participate in mini-challenges (done)
    *Sheila's Comment Challenge
    *Joy's Pinterest Challenge
    *Danielle's Comment Challenge
    *Charlotte's Page Challenge
    *Janicu's Goodreads Challenge
    *The Book Butcher's Mister Linky Challenge
    *Lisa's Social Media Icons Challenge
  6. Catch up on my reviews (done)
New goals (aka, stuff I forgot):
  1. Update my Review page 
  2. Work on Bloggiversary posts (only finished one)
  3. Visit and cheer on my fellow Bloggiesta-ners!
  4. Write and schedule posts for the next two weeks (only did one!)
So how did you do with Bloggiesta this year? Did you enjoy it? Learn lots of new things? I came away with lots of great ideas, and lots of new blogs to follow! Thanks again to Suey and Danielle for hosting this! I had a blast!

24 comments:

  1. wow bloggiesta has been everywhere. i didn't participate but am glad that you are knocking things off your to do list. that's really awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloggiesta always gives me the incentive to do much needed updates for my blog,and I always wind up learning something new!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. You did so many of the mini-challenges! Way to go!

    Isn't the blog layout thing a difficult thing? I'm having such a hard time finding something I love.

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the event! Hopefully you can continue to revisit the challenges on your own and still keep learning. Enjoy and thanks so much for participating in Bloggiesta! We'll see you again in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blog design is much harder than expected, as I still can't get everything to line up correctly. Had a blast with all the challenges, and still have several things on my to-do list to take care of, so I'm not done yet! :)

      Delete
  3. You did awesome! I'm glad you were able to cross so many things off your list. Doesn't it feel good to be caught up?

    I'm looking forward to September's now, even though I spent soooo many hours working on the blog this weekend! I'll need the 6 month break. :)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I'm going to need time to recover from this but September sounds like a plan! Feels great to cross things off my list, but still need to catch up on a few things. Thanks for cheering me on!

      Delete
  4. Wasnt this fun? I am sooo tired.. but I had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was exhausted by Sunday night, but it was a good exhausted! And I love the new look on your blog!

      Delete
  5. Hi Alexia, we had a blast with Bloggiesta as well, and meeting up with so many book bloggers such as yourself was the highlight, more than learning about html and css codes. And you were able to join so many mini-challenges, how amazing! Again congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, wasn't it? And there were so many mini-challenges to choose from that it was hard to decide which ones to pick!

      Delete
  6. Hi Alexia! Cognratulations, I see you did your whole list :D Just updating your reviews at amazon and goodreads must have took you a lot of time :s But it's great to share reviews at others websites too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gaby! I couldn't get over how far behind I was with cross-posting my reviews, so took longer than expected. I hope to do better in the future!

      Delete
  7. You did great! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there running both a book blog and personal blog. It's actually nice to keep things separate.

    Congrats on all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah! I know that several bloggers mix it up a bit, but I like having a dedicated book blog and thought I'd try having a separate personal blog and see how it goes. Wish me luck! :)

      Delete
  8. My you've been one busy blogger, well done on completing all those goals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found the same thing, as I was visiting other participating blogs during the event, I kept finding new things to add to my list. I ended up creating a separate list for either a rainy day or the next Bloggiesta and focused on my original list. I did pretty well and it looks like you did, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your idea of a rainy day to-do list! Congrats on a successful bloggiesta!

      Delete
  10. It looks like you got a lot done. I had the same problem of finding stuff other people were doing and adding it to my list. I think I bookmarked like 15 other things that I want to do... someday.

    If you are interested in a drop down menu here is the site I used Drop Down Menus. It wasn't too complicated, though it did take me ALL afternoon, but I'm not good at HTML so I made several mistakes along the way. But it all worked out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link! I love the look of drop down menus, now I just need to add some pages! *L*

      Delete
  11. Way to go! There are several things on here that I sorely need to tackle ...*sigh*....now I just need to carve out some more time. Maybe step into an alternate reality... *ponders*...that could work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like the alternate reality idea! You ever figure it out, please let me know!

      Delete
  12. Wow! You did a great job! I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u