Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge #2 - Pinterest (done)

 
Have finished my first mini-challenge and completed a few of my smaller goals, so time to move on to my next challenge! Like several of you, I signed up for Pinterest when it first came out. Don't go there much anymore and don't really understand what exactly it's for, so thought the Pinterest Mini-Challenge hosted by Joy's Book Blog would be a great way to figure things out!

This mini-challenge explains how to sign up and use Pinterest for, among other things, promotion of your blog. Pinterest is a virtual bulletin board where people pin interesting pictures they have seen around the web. Aside from being a fun, visual way to collect images and ideas, Pinterest is proving to be an excellent way to market websites!

Are you on Pinterest? If you like, you can check out my boards at Alexia561. Hopefully, by the end of this challenge, they will be awesome!

Wish me luck!

UPDATE - Done! I added a "Follow Me On Pinterest" button on the right sidebar, pinned several helpful posts to help me utilize Pinterest in the future, and created a few boards to promote my blog. Also pinned all of my 2012 book reviews. Think I'm off to a good start with Pinterest!

8 comments:

  1. Have fun! I can't even think about trying to join Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wasted a few hours playing with Pinterest, so guess it's another timesucker like Twitter. Uh-oh! *L*

      Delete
  2. that's awesome good luck with it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aisha! Appreciate you cheering me on! :)

      Delete
  3. I so don't get what Pinterest is all about. But I love some of the pics you've got up there. Especially the staircase bookcase. Gotta get me one of those in my dream house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not exactly sure either, but then again, I'm still not 100% sure about Twitter! I've found several articles I'm going to take a look at when I have more time to try and figure it out, but in the meantime am having fun!

      Delete
  4. I know nothing about Pinterest so you're WAY ahead of me on this one. Might have to check it out...but I don't know, may be suffering from a case of social media overload *-*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be the next "big thing", but I've heard that before... :)

      Delete