In My Mailbox (105) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (105)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, February 25, 2012

In My Mailbox (105)

In My Mailbox (105)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. This week includes a few books I found through other bloggers, so enjoying the book karma! I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:
I saw this book mentioned over at Layers of Thought, and Shellie was nice enough to forward my name to the publisher when I gushed about it! I mean, who could resist a world where blue-eyed blonds are considered undesirable? Call me superficial, but this really caught my interest! Thanks for spreading the book love Shellie!

Revealing Eden by Victoria Foyt
Revealing Eden by Victoria Foyt

Eden Newman must mate before her 18th birthday in six months or she'll be left outside to die in a burning world. But who will pick up her mate-option when she's cursed with white skin and a tragically low mate-rate of 15%? In a post-apocalyptic, totalitarian, underground world where class and beauty are defined by resistance to an overheated environment, Eden's coloring brands her as a member of the lowest class, a weak and ugly Pearl. (Goodreads)


Free NOOK Books:
Saw this featured on My World....in words and pages as a free nook download. I've got The Demon Trapper's Daughter in my TBR pile, so wanted this companion short story to go with it. Thanks Melissa!

Retro Demonology by Jana Oliver
Retro Demonology by Jana Oliver

This is a short story based on the Demon Trappers' world featuring Riley Blackthorne and her very first solo demon trapping experience. (Goodreads)

***
This was another title featured by Melissa. Sounded a little different, so thought I'd give it a try.

Phantom Universe by Laura Kreitzer
Phantom Universe by Laura Kreitzer

Sold into slavery to pirates at the young age of four, Summer learns to survive the rough seas of subterfuge and thieves through silence. When the boat she's lived on most of her life is destroyed, Summer finds herself washed up on the shore of a new world, a phantom universe full of the bizarre and extraordinary. (Goodreads)

***

Found this novella by the author of Hold Me Closer, Necromancer on BN.com.

Necromancer by Lish McBride
Necromancer by Lish McBride

Matt’s childhood friend, Ashley, has been stopping by a lot lately. That might seem pretty normal, but Ashley died years ago and now she’s Death. And tonight she wants waffles and fries.


What did you get in your mailbox this week?
Leave me a link and I'll stop by to check it out!


40 comments:

  1. Aren't the freebies nice. Like The cover to the Victoria Foyt book, very creepy.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love free eBooks, but then I get sucked into the website and download too many! *L*

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The eyes really stand out, don't they?

      Delete
  3. Nice mailbox...as usual. ^_^ OOh...you haven't read DEMON TRAPPER'S DAUGHTER yet? *blink* Great book and that companion you downloaded rocked too. I've been dying for the sequel to surface in my TBR. ^_^ Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty! It's in my TBR pile, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe the short story will give me the incentive to finally read it!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Revealing Eden does sounds interesting! I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist the premise, so hope it's good!

      Delete
  5. Those look so good! I'd love to check out Retro Demonology, I just love the cover. Revealing Eden's premise sounds incredible, too! Thank you for sharing!

    New to your blog :-)
    Stephanie
    My Latest Post|Enter my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Stephanie! Love the owls on your blog! :)

      Delete
  6. Phantom Universe was really good! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it's good, because you never know with new titles. Thanks Kristina!

      Delete
  7. Great books this week! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Am impressed with all of the titles you got this week!

      Delete
  8. Oh! I didn't know that Lish McBride had a novella! I must get it!!
    Great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need to read this one, as I keep hearing people gush about it!

      Delete
  9. Revealing Eden sounds really interesting! I got it a few weeks ago, but haven't gotten to it yet.

    Happy reading! :)

    Angie @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! Can't wait to read this one!

      Delete
  10. It's amazing some of the books they have available for free ebooks (or even, really cheap).. love it!

    Michele | IMM | Embrace Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed every time I browse for free eBooks, as I always find great titles! Love the Free Friday books on BN.com!

      Delete
  11. i loved hold me closer. i think that might just be an excerpt though not a novella. but let us know cause i would love a novella of that series. have fun with your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blurb said it included an excerpt, so hoping it's a stand-alone novella. I'll let you know!

      Delete
  12. necromancer looks really good. i've been meaning to pick up hold me closer. enjoy all your new reads :)

    hope you check out our IMM.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I really need to read Hold Me Closer, as it sounds awesome!

      Delete
  13. Don't you just love freebies? Sometimes the quality gets to me, but beggars can't be choosers. Reveling Eden looks super interesting. I hope to see a review of that from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freebies are the best! While some aren't worth the price (*grin*), others are hidden gems!

      Delete
  14. I loved Hold Me Closer, Necromancer! I didn't know there's a novella. :)

    Thanks for stopping by and following!

    Agnieszka @ Nook of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Agnieszka! Am glad I found your blog, as it's awesome! :)

      Delete
  15. Hmmm I haven't read any of these but I hope you enjoy them! :)

    You can check out my IMM for this week by clicking on the link below :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lea! Off to check out your mailbox!

      Delete
  16. The cover there of Revealing Eden caught my eye. Looks very interesting.

    And thank you for the shout out. :) So glad you found some books there! :D And yes, I'm getting addicted to this Nook thing way to easily. I'm downloading faster than I'm reading these days. lol. But, at least I have the books for when I can get to them. :) Hope you enjoy them and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you've started posting NOOK deals! And it's always good to be prepared with plenty of books to read in case there's ever a worldwide book shortage! ;)

      Delete
  17. I've been meaning to read Hold Me Closer, Necormancer for a while!! Awesome haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanted Hold Me Closer so much, then finally got it and haven't read it yet. *headdesk*

      Delete
  18. I'm curious to see what you think of Phantom Universe. I had the author guest post last year but I'm just a little afraid to try the book.
    Looks like you had a good book week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading it, as it sounds interesting!

      Delete
  19. You have some great books to look forward too. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u