In My Mailbox (103) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (103)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, February 5, 2012

In My Mailbox (103)

In My Mailbox (103)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:
Every now and again, I'll see a title on Amazon Vine that grabs my attention and, despite my teetering mountain of TBR titles, I just have to have it! This is one of those titles:

and she was by Alison Gaylin
and she was by Alison Gaylin

On a summer afternoon in 1998, six-year-old Iris Neff walked away from a barbecue in her small suburban town . . . and vanished.

***
The blurb on this claims that this book is the Coffee, Tea, or Me? for the 21st century. I borrowed that book ages ago from the library and loved it, so how am I supposed to resist? Thanks William Morrow!

Cruising Attitude by Heather Poole
by Heather Poole

Real-life flight attendant Heather Poole has written a charming and funny insider's account of life and work in the not-always-friendly skies. Cruising Attitude is a Coffee, Tea, or Me? for the 21st century, as the author parlays her fifteen years of flight experience into a delightful account of crazy airline passengers and crew drama, of overcrowded crashpads in "Crew Gardens" Queens and finding love at 35,000 feet.

***

Received an email request from the author to review her new book. I read the excerpt and was hooked!

Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright
by Kenya Wright

Since the 1970s humans have forced supernaturals to live in caged cities. Silver brands embedded in their foreheads identify them by species: a full moon for Vampires, a crescent moon for Shifters, a pair of wings for Fairies, and the list goes on, for each supernatural species has been tagged and categorized by humans.


What did you get in your mailbox this week?
Leave me a link and I'll stop by to check it out!


14 comments:

  1. great haul this week, I hope you enjoy everything C:

    Shortskie's Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I know what you mean about the teetering TBR...I have to use EXTREME self restraint sometimes too. ^_^ I've seen CRUSING ATTITUDE around...sounds funny. Great mailbox...happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always get some interesting titles.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. And She Was looks really amazing---I can see why you couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cruising Altitude sounds interesting! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three sound really good. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And She Was caught my attention right away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly mixed batch - I really like the sound of Cruising Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great In My Mailbox this time! Lots of different genres, happy reading.

    Jessica from Booked Up!
    http://bookedupbloggers.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like some really good new books here. I like the sounds of the first and the last one listed. :) Thank you.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm just a bit jealous of some of those. Hope they live up to the promise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your kitten in the mailbox. Cats are always nice to have around whether real or in a photo.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u