Challenge - A Month of Letters | Alexia's Books and Such: Challenge - A Month of Letters

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, February 3, 2012

Challenge - A Month of Letters

Like receiving mail?
Want some?


I love mail! Letters, cards, books...just about anything non-junk or bill-related makes me happy! When I was in grade school, I had pen pals and loved corresponding with them. Then we all grew up, lost touch, and then it became easier just to send someone an email.

So I was very happy when I discovered that Mary Robinette Kowal decided to host a letter writing challenge! She even made a website for it!

The details:
  1. In the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day it runs. Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture, or a cutting from a newspaper, or a fabric swatch.
  2. Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items.
I'm committing to mailing 24 items, one per day. Why 24? Because there are four Sundays and one US holiday this month. If I have enough addresses and am having fun, I'll keep going.

Here's where you come in. Do you love receiving mail as much as I do? If so, I'd love to send you some! I need more people to write, so who better than my blogging buddies?

I promise not to send any fabric swatches, but do reserve the right to include possible goodies in the envelope. So....you game? I promise not to use your address for evil, but only for the goodness of receiving mail.

If interested, just leave your name and mailing address on the form below:



I've already sent a card and written a few fan letters. Haven't written a fan letter in ages. Forgot how much fun it is to gush and be all fan-girly!

This is fun! 

10 comments:

  1. You did know I'm doing this too, right? Yep, which means, I need your address too! Email me! jenstusue AT yahoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Will send you an email with my address! :)

      Delete
  2. I've added myself to the entry form! But only if you put a return address on the letter so I can write you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found your blog when @LetterMonth RTed it. I just wanted to say that the Erasmus quote on your banner is one of my favorite quotes ever!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jenna! It's one of my favorites too!

      Delete
  3. Haha, fan letters are fun aren't they!?! Those are really the only ones I still write. Have fun with the challenge! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! It's actually fun to gush! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful thing. I may just have to sign up. I did leave my addy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have fun writing your letter Ryan! *L*

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u