BBRAW - Survey says.... | Alexia's Books and Such: BBRAW - Survey says....

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, February 16, 2012

BBRAW - Survey says....


Today's BBRAW prompt:
Take this opportunity to survey your readers; maybe you haven't done this in years or perhaps ever. Find out what it is about your blog that your faithful readers love, what they wish you wouldn't do (constructive criticism is never a bad thing), what keeps readers coming back for more, what posts they'd love for you to do more of (vlogs etc). The possibilities are endless! 

*gulp*

Surveys are slightly terrifying for me. What if everyone says they hate my reviews and that I have horrible taste in books? Green makes them nauseous and my blog design made their eyeballs bleed? I love taking surveys, but actually coming up with one? *shudder*

So.....um....wassup?

Any suggestions on what I could do to improve my blog? I have noticed that my reviews are getting longer and longer, so maybe I need to trim them down?

How about my blog design? Love it? Hate it? Don't care? It's a semi-custom design that I've tweaked over the years (thank you Google search!). Maybe it's time to use one of the new blogger templates, as I can't get it to do certain things anymore and I'm not sure how to fix it. And change is always good, right?

Are there certain types of posts you prefer? I don't do too many personal posts, as I never know what to write. I've never done an author interview, and rarely do guest posts. Seems like an imposition, and what if they say no? Or they write a guest post about something horrible, like their undying love for telepathic crime-fighting poodles? Yikes!

So....* awkward silence* .......wassup?

10 comments:

  1. I love ya just the way you are. Your kitty posts are always so fun and adorable, and you always review books that are off my radar. Great stuff whenever I hop over. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Shannon! I always find fun, new books via your blog too!

      Delete
  2. I think your blog's great and you should only make changes if YOU want to make changes. :)

    And the kitty pictures are always cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly! I do seem to have a weakness for cute kitty pictures. ;)

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't have you any other way. That being said, don't change anything unless you want to change it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryan! The thought of bleeding eyeballs always worries me. *L*

      Delete
  4. I think your blog is great. It's a nice colour and has content but isn't clogged with pop ups and other advertising stuff that some blogs have. I like your reviews because they're to the point. Long reviews tend to put me off so please don't change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lan! I was worried that my reviews were getting too long, so glad to hear positive feedback!

      Delete
  5. Hmm...something I would change.... *think think think*
    Nope...coming up empty. ^_^ How about I change this around from a survey for suggestions on change into a survey of what I love about your site? Sound good? So, the things I especially like...
    ...you always give your honest opinion even if it's not the popular answer...
    ...you make your posts as long or as short as YOU like which makes them more enjoyable for readers (well, me at least....they end naturally, not forced)...
    ...your site is accessable, as in easy on the eyes, easy to load, easy to navigate, etc...
    ...you post when you're ready to post, if a day happens to fall into silence it's okay, and the next post is worth the wait...
    ...I could keep going, but I'll let some others take up the comment space.... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GMR! I really appreciate all of your kind words! :D

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u