hosted by Bookish Ardour
This was a major fail for me last year, but I'm determined to do better! I have so many unread books crying out for my attention, yet I keep getting distracted by the bright, shiny new titles! Have decided to concentrate on my TBR piles and have resolved to cut back on any new review titles in the hope that I can catch up.
This challenge is to read those books you own a copy of, print, digital, and audio, you have been meaning to read, but never gotten to. If you don’t own enough books for the challenge, you can read your TBR list instead. And no, you do not need to get rid of your books afterwards, that’s completely your choice, this challenge is only to read them.
- The Main Rule: Do not include books acquired during 2012, it defeats the purpose, read those books from before 2012 started!
- Running Dates: 1st of January - 31st of December 2012
- When Can I Sign Up: All the way up to the last two weeks of December 2012!
- Crossover Genres: Anything! The name of the game is to turn those unread books into read ones.
- Further Details: Crossover challenges are fine, you can change levels at any time, this is eBook, short story, and graphic novel friendly, and you don’t need a blog to join in
- Tempted– Choose 5 books to read
- Trying – Choose 15 books to read
- Making A Dint – Choose 30 books to read
- On A Roll – Choose 50 books to read
- Flying Off – Choose 75 books to read
- Hoarder – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Buried – Choose between 136-200 books to read
I'm not sure what level to choose, as I only managed to read 7 books for this challenge last year. Think I'll double that and shoot for the Trying level of 15 books. Really want to do 30, but I'm worried about setting myself up for another major fail. Think I was too ambitious last time around, then got discouraged.
Fingers crossed that 2012 is my year!