2012 Ebook Challenge | Alexia's Books and Such: 2012 Ebook Challenge

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Ebook Challenge

hosted by Workaday Reads

This was a fun challenge last year, so was one of the few I wanted to sign up for again. I was surprised by how many eBooks I read, mostly thanks to netGalley. This challenge was hosted by The Ladybug Reads last year, but Workaday Reads was the lucky blogger who won the right to host it this time around (as The Ladybug decided not to host again).

Challenge Guidelines:

  • This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
  • Anyone can join, you don't need to be a blogger. If you don't have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
  • Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
  • You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
  • You can move up levels, but no moving down.
  • Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.

Levels:

  1. Floppy disk - 5 ebooks
  2. CD - 10 ebooks
  3. DVD - 25 ebooks
  4. Memory stick - 50 ebooks
  5. Hard drive - 75 ebooks
  6. Server - 100 ebooks
  7. Human brain - 150 ebooks

I decided to go for the Memory Stick level of 50 eBooks! I managed to read 38 last year, so figured I'd go for broke! I know that I usually don't want to bite off more than I can chew, but I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my Simple Touch, so what the heck! Plus, I've got over 60 unread eBooks on my nook that I need to read (but at least they're not gathering dust!).

5 comments:

  1. Wow 50 books! That's really ambitious. I'm participating in this one for the first time. I didn't think ebooks were formebut I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm doing this one too! 50 eBooks also. I figured it would be easy enough, as I read eBooks from Kindle, NetGalley and indie books. ^^

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge! That's how I read my library books...maybe I will give it a go, but then again my challenge record is not so hot..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lan - Wanted to challenge myself a little, and since I was able to read 38 eBooks without breaking a sweat last year, figured I'd shoot for 50!

    Vickie - We can cheer each other on!

    Petty - Thank you! Need all the encouragement I can get! :)

    joemmama - I'm a little erratic with my challenges, but they're fun at the start!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u