2011 Wrap Up...and a look ahead | Alexia's Books and Such: 2011 Wrap Up...and a look ahead

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Wrap Up...and a look ahead

2011 turned out better than expected challenge-wise! I completed 7 of the 9 challenges I signed up for! Yea me! One was a horrible fail, and the other I only missed by two (couldn't find books that I wanted to read starting with Q or V for the A-Z Challenge). So all in all, I did much better than expected! Here's my reading challenge recap:


100 Books In A Year Challenge
102/100 completed

Outdo yourself Challenge
102/100 completed 

Off the Shelf Challenge
7/30 (FAIL)

Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge
35/24 completed

What's In A Name 4 Challenge
6/6 completed

2011 eBook Challenge
38/20 completed 

2011 Debut Author Challenge
13/12 completed




A-Z Reading Challenge
24/26 (FAIL)

Goodreads Reading Challenge 
102/100


Since I have a tendency to sign up for too many challenges (I have challenge-acceptitus), am going to try and  limit myself to only 4 challenges this year:


hosted by Beth Fish Reads
Had an awful lot of fun with this challenge last year, so looking forward to the new categories for 2012!




Off the Shelf Challenge
hosted by Bookish Ardour
This one was my major fail of 2011. Going to try it again in the hopes that I can whittle down my ginormous stacks of TBR books!


hosted by Workaday Reads
I surprised myself by reading so many eBooks last year, and want to try and break my old record. Love my new Simple Touch nook! And love that publishers are offering so many eARCs!




Also going to take part in the 2012 Goodreads Challenge again this year. Decided to shoot for 110 books in 2012, as I want to challenge myself.

Well, that's it. All the challenges I took part in during 2011, and the ones I'm going to attempt in 2012. Please don't tempt me with any exciting, new challenges, as they're sooooo hard to resist!
Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your challenge wins! And good luck with all your challenges this year :-)
    Can't wait to see what books you read for them!

    Faye
    A Daydreamer's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wrap up! I plan on doing some of those 2012 challenges as well :)

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job with last year's challenges. Good luck on this year's ones. I tend to take on too much as well but I've limited myself to 3 this year in the hopes that I can be focused but more relaxed and have more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing so many of your challenges. That's awesome.

    And I know what you mean about challenges being hard to resist. I'm a sucker for cute buttons, but this year, the only challenge I'm officially signing up for is my own challenge. Hopefully I can get it done, unlike last year. LOL

    Good luck with your new RCs, Alexia. I hope you have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenges and great completions! I did one and did well, but didn't write my post. I fail for that. LOL

    Good luck on your 2012 challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats for 2011! You did wonderfully! :D And best of luck with the challenges for 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with all the new challenges!! (: I've limited myself to 4 this year since I'll have more time on my hands. Last year was a little hectic for me.


    Booknerds are pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on all those challenges. I'm considering taking part in the Whats In A Name Challenge 5 - in fact I've posted about it today.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u