Secret Santa Goodies! | Alexia's Books and Such: Secret Santa Goodies!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Secret Santa Goodies!



I adore Secret Santas, so signed up for two this year!
I love shopping for fellow booklovers, and hope that they are as excited as I am to get book goodies in the mail! There's nothing like the feeling of seeing a box sitting at your doorstep, and I wanted to share with you the awesome gifts I received. Wish I had been as creative, but there's always next year... ;)

Surprise #1
I've been wanting a copy of Hold Me Closer, Necromancer for ages, so was thrilled when I received a copy in my first Secret Santa gift box! Love the name of this one, and the Elton John song runs through my head every time I see it. Every. Single. Time. And what can I say about Sirensong except that Jenna Black is made of awesome! There was major squeeing when I opened this box! And yes, there was a happy dance too. Not to mention the chocolate. Did you see the chocolate? I <3 chocolate! Thank you PNR Bookworm!

Surprise #2
Not familiar with Deceived by the Others or Under Attack, but I read the synopsis for both books and they look like great reads! I've heard of L.J. Smith but haven't read her yet. Dark Visions was a little scary looking at first because it's so huge, but it's actually 3 books in one, so think it will be a great introduction to her work. I love discovering new authors through my fellow bookaholics! Included in my gift box was a weekly planner for 2012, a gift box of Starburst, and awesome bookmarks. I love bookmarks! Love Jennifer Estep, so was happy to get four of hers. And the penguin bookmark is just too cute! Don't know how Kels at Kelsey's Book Corner knew I collected bookmarks, but thank you so much! 

Surprise #3
As I may have mentioned once or twice, I love bookmarks. So when I saw that Missie B over at The Unread Reader was having a Holiday Bookmark Exchange, I couldn't wait to sign up! Received a cute Yertle the Turtle bookmark and a gorgeous one featuring the art of Jessica Hamilton. And how awesome is it that Missie has bookmarks for her blog? What a great idea! Thank you so much!

Had a blast with the Secret Santa and bookmark exchanges! Love getting surprises in the mail! Hope that my recipients are as happy with their surprises as I am. Let me know if you received any Secret Santa gifts, as I'd love to check them out!

4 comments:

  1. How lovely. Every year I intend to become a Secret Santa but alas always seem to leave it until its too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...*takes in all secret santa-ish wonder* Looks like someone was on the bookish nice list. ^_^ Great selection there...ooh, and L.J. Smith...love her FORBIDDEN GAME trilogy. Chocolate too? *high five* Happy holidays my friend...and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great secret Santa surprises. Loved necromancer! Hope you do, too. I've only read one LJ Smith series but those look promising. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u