Review: A Karma Girl Christmas | Alexia's Books and Such: Review: A Karma Girl Christmas

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, December 16, 2011

Review: A Karma Girl Christmas

A Karma Girl Christmas by Jennifer Estep

On Christmas Eve, Carmen, as Karma Girl, is assigned to guard toys, clothes, food, and more that are intended for needy children and their families. But an ubervillain also has his eye on the toys and plans to steal and then sell them to the highest bidder. Carmen will have to use all her empathic powers just to stay alive, not to mention make sure Christmas is a happy one for all the kids who are counting on her. It's all in a night's work for a superhero ...

My Thoughts:
Jennifer Estep is one of those authors who I'll read anything she writes, as she's incredibly talented with an awesome imagination! Love her Elemental Assassin series starring the Spider, and looking forward to starting her Mythos Academy YA series. This short story is from her Bigtime series, which is more humorous than the Spider books but just as good.

Karma Girl is the newest member of the Fearless Five so as the rookie, she gets the job of guarding the giant charity Christmas tree and presents on Christmas Eve. Expecting a dull, uneventful evening, she is surprised by an unexpected villain with dastardly plans of his own! (cue evil laughter)

Really enjoyed this one, as we get to know Carmen a little better and are introduced to a new villain (or two). Since it's a short story at only 14,000 words or so, it made for a fast, fun read. I don't usually like seasonal stories, but this one was too tempting to resist! While I was saddened to learn that the Bigtime series was dropped by Jennifer's publisher, I hope that she continues to write the further adventures of the Fearless Five in eBook form! Love these guys!


This eBook is from my personal nook library

 

4 comments:

  1. I actually really enjoy seasonal stories and I've been trying to get my hands on as many Christmas books and movies as I can. Am adding this to the list. Sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking out a lot of holiday novella lately. I think there's something for everyone. ;)

    Great review. I'm ashamed I've never heard of her. *shocked* I know right, better remedi that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fun! I have not read this author but need to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lan - This is a fun read, so hope you give it a try!

    Niina - *gasp* You NEED to read Jennifer's books, as she's awesome! ;)

    Sheila - Hope you give her a try!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u