In My Mailbox (98) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (98)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, December 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (98)

In My Mailbox (98)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.


For Review:
I don't usually read medical thrillers, but the excerpt pulled me in and made me want to give it a try. It doesn't sound like the same-old same-old thriller. Will have to see if the whole story is as good as the excerpt. Fingers crossed!

The Immortalists by Kyle Mills
by Kyle Mills

It’s a question microbiologist Richard Draman thought he’d answered when he walked away from his career to focus on curing a genetic defect that is causing his daughter to age at a wildly accelerated rate. But now he and his wife Carly are being forced to come to terms with the fact that eight-year-old Susie’s time is running out. Then they receive an unexpected gift: startling new research into the fundamental secrets of life that could be the miracle they’ve been looking for...


New Additions:
I remember seeing this around the blogosphere, so decided to give it a try when I saw it on the loaner shelf at work. This is the second book in the series, but I think I'll be able to pick it up without reading book one. Shape shifting brothers? Sounds intriguing!

Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck
by Colleen Houck

Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest--this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse. Fraught with danger, spellbinding dreams, and choices of the heart, TIGER'S QUEST brings the trio one step closer to breaking the spell that binds them. (Goodreads)


Get anything good in your mailbox this week?

10 comments:

  1. I really liked The Tiger's Curse, but didn't like Quest so much. It was just too long for my liking. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mailbox! I've been seeing THE IMMORTALISTS around the blogsphere....curious how it turns out. Will be watching for your review...happy reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hope The Immortalists is as good as it sounds, I'm already looking forward to your review so get reading. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Tiger Quest series... I saw the newest book in the store a while back and was delighted to see they had one copy of both the first and second in hard cover in stock. I was tempted to pick it up, but I checked out goodreads (love that app!) and saw it had many mixed reviews. Some from people whose opinions I trusted, so I waited. I didn't want to spend the money and not like it. I will wait and see what you think now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice haul. Enjoy your books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week! I read Tiger's Curse and enjoyed it so I will have to check out Tiger's Quest. Happy reading!

    Stop by my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be getting Tiger's Curse in the mail, so I'm curious to find out what the story is like. I have to say that I enjoy the cover to Tiger's Quest much better, though. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have tiger's curse which i think it shte first book in the houck series. the covers to this series are amazing though. i hope you enjoy all your new books!

    my imm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely books this week. :) I want to start Colleen Houck's series some day, does sound really good. :) Hope you have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a great week kiddo...

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u