Holiday Gift Ideas | Alexia's Books and Such: Holiday Gift Ideas

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Gift Ideas

There's nothing more enjoyable than Christmas shopping...except maybe a root canal. Ha! Gotcha! Thought I was going to get all mushy and Christmasy on you, didn't you? Truth be told, I'm not a big fan of shopping. Especially around the holidays, as the crowds really annoy me. I seem to be more Grinch than Santa if I have to fight my way through the malls this time of year, so thank the gods for online shopping! No crowds, no pushing and shoving, no annoying muzak...nirvana for the Christmas shopper! So in the interest of helping out my fellow Grinches, thought I'd share some awesome online finds with you!

Etsy is an incredible find for the online shopper! One of my favorite shops is Haut Totes, where I ordered this gorgeous necklace. Loved it so much that I got one for myself! Melissa, the designer, is incredible! She did a custom design for my mother last year that earned me Favorite Child status! I've ordered tote bags and cosmetic cases from her as well, and they're all gorgeous!


Found a unique site for personalized gifts when I was approached by Easy Canvas Prints to review their product. You can choose from stock photos like the one above, or upload one of your pictures and have it turned into a canvas print. I've ordered two personalized prints as Christmas gifts and couldn't be happier with the results! And Trafalgar Square is one of DH's favorite places, so am considering buying the above print for his birthday. Shhhh, don't tell him!


I recently won some shirts from Crazy Dog T-Shirts and I love them! They are soft and comfortable and there are so many different designs that it will be hard to pick just one! Hey, I wonder if they have a Mom Likes Me Best shirt???


Cafe Press is another great site for finding unique gifts! I love this Dark Side mug! You can choose from a wide variety of shirts, mugs, totes, and other gifts, or you can create your own! Several authors have offered designs thru Cafe Press as well, so it's perfect for the book lover!


An eReader! I love, love, love my new nook Simple Touch from Barnes and Noble! It's funny because I was very anti-eReader when they first came out, but I've gone to the dark side....hey, they had cookies! Sorry, I couldn't resist. *snicker* Anyway...I'll never give up my love of physical books, but an eReader is awesome for travel and to review eARCs. NetGalley and Galley Grab have an incredible number of eARCs for review. And with my nook in my tote, I'll always have something handy to read!

  Hope this has given you some ideas for the holidays. And if you know any other great stores out in the blogoverse, please share!

11 comments:

  1. Yep! I crossed to the dark side, too, and I LOVE it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just taken a look at the Haut Totes site and it's amazing! It's a shame the holiday cut off is over. But I'll definitely be going back to order later on. I'm very much like you Alexia. I hate hate hate shopping when the crowds are en masse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the necklace, now I am off to look at the site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH yeah, I saw the shirts you won and am sooo jealous. I need to get on that site after Christmas and buy some! Love zombies and I also saw your honeybadger shirt. LMAO!! Love that video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon - The Dark Side is more fun than I expected! ;)

    Ryan - Thanks!

    Lan - Hope you try out the Haut Totes site, as Melissa is incredibly talented!

    Sheila - I was going to get a necklace for one of my nieces and loved it so much I had to get one for myself!

    Steph - I've got my eye on a few other shirts, as their selection is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Throw on some Knock knock stuff and this is the perfect list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great sites, thanks for mentioning them. Once again we have managed to do almost all our Christmas shopping online. I feel guilty for doing so and especially when buying books as I know how many local book shops close every month but I'm afraid needs must.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love Etsy - but am not so crazy about x-mas.

    Cute Kitty Joke - how can we expect them to not love the trees we put up? Have you seen Simon's cat last year's video? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Petty Witter - I think I did about half of my shopping online. You're right, needs must!

    Shellie - Love Simon's cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about the crowds. Didn't bother me as much in the past, but that's when I actually had TIME to wade through them. LOL. Love the necklace....and the "come to the dark side, we have cookies" mug, I JUST saw a shirt the other day in Hot Topic with that on it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u