In My Mailbox (95) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (95)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, November 26, 2011

In My Mailbox (95)

In My Mailbox (95)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Was good this week and stuck to my book buying ban (free eBooks don't count, right?). I've included a link to Goodreads if you want more information on the book.


Purchased:
This was a free title at Barnes & Noble so couldn't resist downloading a copy on my nook! Looks like an awesome read!

Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu
by Marjorie M. Liu

Long ago they roamed the earth -- dragons, tigers…shapeshifters -- men who wore the forms of beasts. Their world was magic. Now it is gone. But some remain…

He looks out of place in Dela Reese's Beijing hotel room -- exotic and poignant, some mythic, tragic hero of an epic tale. With his feline yellow eyes, he's like nothing from her world,. Yet Dela has danced through the echo of his soul, and knows this warrior will obey her every command.

Hari has been used and abused for millennia. But he sees, upon his release from the riddle box, that this new mistress is different. There is a hidden power in Dela's eyes -- and with her, he may regain all that was lost to him. Where once he savaged, now he must protect; where before he knew only hatred, now he must embrace love. Dela is the key. For Dela, he will risk all.


Black Friday Score:
This was by far my best Black Friday purchase - a nook Simple Touch Limited Edition! It's incredibly lightweight and easy to navigate and was love at first sight! The below is a stock photo as I've temporarily misplaced my camera cable, but I'll take pictures of him once I decide on a cover. Now I just need a name....


nook Simple Touch


What did you get in your mailbox this week?

16 comments:

  1. Tiger Eye looks so good! I am so pissed that it isn't free anymore. Enjoy your nook!!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on getting a Nook! I have a Kindle and I love love LOVE it. eReaders are AMAZING. Enjoy it and your new book!

    Megan at Book Brats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love your new e-reader. I love mine, because it allows me to read those Net Galley's and Galley Grabs. Great mailbox...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mailbox! Looks like you'll be toting a hella-lotta books in your future. ^_^ Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Yay for the new nook and the free e-book! It sounds very intriguing! Hope you enjoy your new device! Yeeee!

    Here's what was In My Mailbox this week!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Congrats on your Nook! I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, awesome Black Friday deal you scored! I so need to grab myself an ereader..... if yours mysteriously disappears, I take no responsibility :P Tiger eye sounds awesome too, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your Nook. She's (he?) is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to know I'm not the only one to give things names.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Nook!!!! That's a fantastic Black Friday purchase:) I just finished my first Marjorie M. Liu book and loved it, I can't wait to go back and read more by her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you scored you an ereader!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! Congrats on the Nook i couldn't live without my ereader!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually thought about the Nook, but just can't do it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I bought a copy of this book when Borders was going out of business. :) Hope you enjoy it! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think i have this book with a different cover. sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u