Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blog Tour: The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Source:  Review copy provided by Meryl L. Moss Media Relations, Inc.

Rating:  4/5

Ash, former prince of the Winter Court, gave up everything. His title, his home, even his vow of loyalty. All for a girl… and all for nothing. Unless he can earn a soul. (Goodreads)

Excerpt:
I don’t know why I haven’t killed him yet. Maybe because Puck is Meghan’s closest friend, and she would mourn him terribly if he were gone (though I can’t understand why). Or, maybe, deep down, I’m tired of being alone. In any case, it matters little. With every ruin we search, every dragon we slay, or every rumor we unearth, I’m one step closer to my goal.


My Thoughts:
Despite being a loyal member of Team Puck, I found myself really enjoying Ash's story. After pledging to Meghan that he would find a way to return to her side, Ash finds himself on a quest to become human. Joined on his journey by Puck (yea!), Grimalkin, and a few surprise travelling companions, Ash must overcome obstacles he never imagined. One of his companions is right - this is an epic tale that will survive the ages!

And make no mistake - this is an epic journey! Despite the constant bickering, Ash and Puck make excellent traveling companions. From their search for information, to their journey to the end of the world, to the obstacles they must overcome, and eventually to the trials Ash must survive, this story has all the classic elements of an Epic with a capital E!

I really enjoy this series and love the characters, so hate for it to come to an end. Despite having lived for so long, Ash really seems to grow up during this journey. And I found the trials he has to endure interesting, especially the final one. I keep hoping that Julie will decide that she needs to tell Puck's tale, and that the jester gets a chance for a happy ending of his very own!

Gave this one a 4/5 as Julie manages to keep the story fresh, brings back old favorites, keeps the action interesting, and throws in a few twists along the way. The writing is as good as ever, and it's nice to see the characters grow in unexpected ways. And you can't go wrong with Grim as one of your guides! After all, he IS a cat. :)


Please be sure to stop by and check out Candace's Book Blog for another stop on the blog tour!

5 comments:

  1. This is the second stellar review I've read for Iron Knight this week! I still haven't been able to get to reading this series as yet but I'm sure going to move it up the TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I want to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading The Iron Knight too, Great review:)

    It truly wax sad it ended and Ash's point of view grew on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I got my copy! :D I just can't wait to read it now. But got to get through November and Nano then several review books in December with the holiday craziness... *sigh* doesn't sound good does it. Well, I'll have to see what I can do about all that. So glad you enjoyed this one even being a Puck loyalist. :) Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series sounds interesting!

    Great blog, new follower here :-)

    TToria
    xo
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete