As some of you may or may not know, I'm a bit of a reading challenge addict. Despite repeated promises to myself that I won't sign up for any more challenges (due to my large failure rate), there are some that I simply can't resist! The Book Vixen's Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge is one of the irresistible ones! Even though I set my goal at 100, I've already outdid myself and beat my 2010 total number of books read. Am having such a good time that I decided to sign up for the 2012 event! Here are the details:
- Runs January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012 (books read prior to 1/1/12 do not count towards the challenge).
- You can join at anytime. Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2012 than you did in 2011. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Grab the reading challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you could track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing.
- Getting my heart rate up – Read 1-5 more books
- Out of breath – Read 6-10 more books
- Breaking a sweat – Read 11-15 more books
- I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books
I am going to start out with the Getting My Heart Rate up level. I've read 82 books so far in 2011 and I'm still hoping to make my goal of 100 by New Year's Eve. My goal for 2012 is to read 1 more book than my 2011 final total. Hey, if I keep my goal reasonable, maybe I'll be able to surpass it! *L*
Wish me luck!