In My Mailbox (92) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (92)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, October 30, 2011

In My Mailbox (92)

In My Mailbox (92)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.



For Review:

Out of Oz by Gregory Maguire
by Gregory Maguire

A nice surprise from the publisher! Love getting surprises in the mail! I've read other books by this author, but not his Wicked series. Not sure if I want to read the last book in a series, but I know that Maguire is good. This one may wind up as a giveaway.



The Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan
by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan

This was another nice surprise in my mailbox this week! I read the first book in the series and have #2 in my TBR pile, so don't need to wait to see what happens. The first one was a little scary and very visual, so am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out!




What did you get in your mailbox this week?
Please leave me a link and I'll stop by to check it out!

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh I want to read them both! I have only read WICKED but loved that one and hadn't heard great things about the others in the series, hoping this final book WOWs us! I haven't started THE STRAIN series but the idea fascinates me, maybe you will get me started :D Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome when you have nice surprises like that in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two fairly hefty books are on my shelves also. Hope you enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the Maguire by surprise, too! Fun! :-) Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet it is that they gave you a copy of out of oz. You must be an amazing blogger.

    I will say, I've read Wicked and it may be hard to understand the series if you haven't read the others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surprises are so much fun! My sister would be jealous of Out of Oz. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need The Night Eternal. I've already read the first two, now I need to know how it all ends.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, that first one looks familiar...LOL! I have book one in the series, but have yet to read it. I might tackle this one anyway what with the mini-summary in front...we shall see. ^_^ Book two...looks good! Can't wait to see what you think. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u