Sunday, September 4, 2011

In My Mailbox (86)

In My Mailbox (86)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I received two books this past week; a prequel to a book I loved from The Fiction Studio, and one courtesy of the Amazon Vine program. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

until again by Lou Aronica
by Lou Aronica

A prequel novella to Blue, this short work provides the essential story behind the story. Until Again tells of a decidedly real-world event: the final weekend in the breakup of a marriage. For Chris Astor, the divorce is not something he wants, primarily because of the distance it will put between his ten-year-old daughter Becky and himself. Juxtaposed against this is a critical event in Tamarisk, the bedtime-story fantasy world that Chris and Becky created when Becky was much younger.

***

Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto
by Samantha Sotto

Three years after her husband Max's death, Shelley feels no more adjusted to being a widow than she did that first terrible day. That is, until the doorbell rings. Standing on her front step is a young man who looks so much like Max; same smile, same eyes, same age, same adorable bump in his nose; he could be Max's long-lost relation. He introduces himself as Paolo, an Italian editor of American coffee table books, and shows Shelley some childhood photos. Paolo tells her that the man in the photos, the bearded man who Paolo says is his grandfather though he never seems to age, is Max. Her Max. And he is alive and well.


Looking forward to seeing what everyone received this week!

11 comments:

  1. I loved Blue! I'm going to have to read this one.

    How have you been? I miss you on Cat Thursdays. =O(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Before Ever After sounds really great! I'm adding that one to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, Before Ever After sounds intense. o_o I'll definitely look forward to hearing your thoughts on it! Happy reading~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the covers on both of those. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover of Before Ever After looks sweet. I'm a new follower. Stop by my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before Ever After I really want to read. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before Ever After is on my wishlist, hope you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm curious to see what you thing of Until Again. I remember hearing of Blue when it came out. So this one sound really good. :)

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At a local fayre on Saturday I managed to pick up several books and all for the bargain price of 10 pence each.

    I've heard a lot about Before Ever After so am looking forward to reading your thoughts on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Before Ever After sounds really good! Can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete