Sunday, August 14, 2011

In My Mailbox (85)

In My Mailbox (85)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:
Received a surprise package from William Morrow Publishing this week. While I've read Laura Lippman and Charles Todd before, Simon Toyne is new to me. Love discovering new authors and reading outside my comfort zone!

Sanctus by Simon Toyne
by Simon Toyne

REVELATION OR DEVASTATION?
The certainties of the modern world are about to be blown apart by a three thousand year-old conspiracy nurtured by blood and lies … (Goodreads)

***

The Most Dangerous Thing by Laura Lippman
by Laura Lippman

Years ago, they were all the best of friends. But as time passed and circumstances changed, they grew apart, became adults with families of their own, and began to forget about the past - and the terrible lie they all shared. But now Gordon, the youngest and wildest of the five, has died and the others are thrown together for the first time in years. And then the revelations start. Could their long-ago lie be the reason for their troubles today? Each one of these old friends has to wonder if their secret has been discovered - and if someone within the circle is out to destroy them. (Goodreads)

***

A Bitter Truth by Charles Todd
by Charles Todd

...acclaimed author Charles Todd upped the ante by introducing readers to a wonderful new series protagonist, World War One battlefield nurse Bess Crawford. Featured for a third time in A Bitter Truth, Bess reaches out to help an abused and frightened young woman, only to discover that no good deed ever goes unpunished when the good Samaritan nurse finds herself falsely accused of murder. (Goodreads)




Amazon Vine:
Love Sandman Slim!

Aloha from Hell by Richard Kadrey
by Richard Kadrey

All hail Sandman Slim, author Richard Kadrey’s ultra-extreme anti-hero and recent escapee from Lucifer’s overheated Underworld playground. Legendary author William Gibson (Neuromancer) called Kadrey’s first deliciously twisted Slim adventure “an addictively satisfying, deeply amusing, dirty-ass masterpiece,” and in number three, Aloha from Hell, the ruthless avenger, a.k.a. Stark, finds himself trapped in the middle of a war between Heaven and Hell. With God on vacation, the Devil nosing around in Paradise, and an insane serial killer doing serious damage on Earth, Stark/Slim is ready to unleash some more adrenaline-surging, edgy and violent supernatural mayhem - and even pay another visit to Hell if necessary... (Goodreads)



Gifted:
Friend is clearing out her shelves and as I can't resist anything by Luna, I'm the lucky recipient! Now I need to cull my shelves so they fit....

Silver's EdgeSilver's Bane
Silver's Lure
by Anne Kelleher


For Camelot's HonorUnder Camelot's Banner
by Sarah Zettel


Looking forward to seeing what everyone else received this week!

10 comments:

  1. A Bitter Truth and the Silver's series looks good. Thanks for sharing.
    Be my first commentor.

    My IMM this Week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend gifted some incredible books! WOW - I love the Zettel covers most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a nice list of books this week in your mailbox.
    I hope you like your new books,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sanctus sounds good and the new Lippman book! OOH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of Sanctus. I haven't read a Luna book in a while, but the few I have read, I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, the Silver books look like great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the silver series looks really interesting!!! i have one of the zettel books too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lippman book has been getting a ton of buzz. I hope it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 1st two look great, I love conspiracies and secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is quite some collection of books this week. :) Hope you enjoy them all and have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete