In My Mailbox (84) | Alexia's Books and Such...: In My Mailbox (84)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, August 7, 2011

In My Mailbox (84)

In My Mailbox (84)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. My wishlist always grows after checking out everyone's mailboxes each week! I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

The Night Circus
Received a beautifully wrapped copy of The Night Circus from the publisher. Even came with a bookmark, and you know how much I love bookmarks! This one is almost too pretty to open! Have read nothing but good things about this one, so looking forward to reading it.

The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des RĂªves, and it is only open at night.


Commune of Women
Received an autographed review copy of Commune of Women from the author, via the Fiction Studio. Read an excerpt of this one and was immediately hooked!

On an ordinary Los Angeles morning, the lives of seven women are about to become inextricably entangled, as they converge upon LA International Airport for various purposes. Suddenly, the morning erupts into chaos, as black-clad terrorists charge into the terminal, guns blazing. As the concourse becomes a killing field, six of the women dodge a hail of bullets to find refuge in a tiny staff room....all traumatized or injured, (they)barricade the door and cower down, hoping to survive. As four days drag by, their expectations of an early rescue dashed, the women find a way to dominate their panic and terror by telling their life stories. (Goodreads)



Contest Wins:

Confessions of a Call Center Gal
Won an eBook copy of Confessions of a Call Center Gal by Lisa Lim from the lovely Book Vixen!

Described as Bridget Jones meets The Office, this one sounds like a fun read!



Looking forward to seeing what everyone received in their mailboxes this week!

11 comments:

  1. I love how they wrapped the Night Circus! I can't wait to read that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Night Circus is pretty! I love those kinds of stories <3

    Once Upon A Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice books. Sometimes its not about how many books, but rather the quality of books we get. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lucky that you got The Night Circus! and it is wrapped really pretty. I wouldn't want to open it either! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of The Night Circus but it sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Night Circus sounds intriguing! And love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you got NIGHT CIRCUS!

    I so envy you! The presentation... sighs heavily... can you kiss it for me please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too got the beautifully wrapped Night Circus and was hesitant to open it! I'm super excited to read it too :D Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love the packing for The Night Circus! So cool when the publisher does things like that :) I've been hearing really good things about that too - so I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful presentation, I want a copy now. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u