Monday, August 15, 2011

Blog Tour: Savor the Danger

by Lori Foster

She may be aloof, and more pretty than gorgeous, but Alani Rivers is the kind of woman a hot-blooded mercenary can't forget, no matter how hard he tries. So when Jackson Savor wakes up next to the naked, sleeping beauty - with no memory of what happened -  he knows he's been drugged…even if Alani doesn't.

After she was kidnapped, Alani vowed never to trust another man again. Still, something about this strong, sexy hero with the tender touch makes her want to believe him. As Jackson hunts down a mysterious intruder, he swears he'll move heaven and earth to keep Alani safe. But what really happened that night? And will the truth bring them closer than they ever thought possible - or put Alani squarely in harm's way again? (Goodreads)

My Thoughts:
This was my least favorite of the trilogy, as I just couldn't connect with either Jackson or Alani. Jackson was just too cocky for my tastes. There's a difference between cocky and confident, and he didn't measure up to either Dare or Trace in my eyes. Didn't care for Alani either, as she didn't seem as strong as Molly or Priss. All presented different personalities, but I connected with the others more.

The story starts off with a bang, with Jackson waking up in bed with Alani, but having no memory of their night together. He assumes he was drugged, but no one is sure why or how, or if the target was Jackson or Alani. So Jackson is determined to protect Alani, and over-protective brother Trace seems to give in a little too easily. I didn't buy it.

Simply couldn't get into this one, as there were too many plot points that I felt were unbelievable. For instance, most of the scenes with Alani's ex-boyfriend didn't ring true. I did enjoy the Arizona scenes, and I would love it if Lori took a chance and gave Chris his own story!

Gave this one a 3/5 as even though it wasn't my favorite, it wasn't bad. The bar was set pretty high with Dare and Trace, so two out of three isn't bad.

And now, one last time, one of my favorite book trailers of 2011:





Review copy provided by Meryl L. Moss Media Relations, Inc., in exchange for an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Love love Lori Foster - she's the ultimate read when I want to be whisked away by her hunks :)

    ReplyDelete