In My Mailbox (82) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (82)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Sunday, July 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (82)

In My Mailbox (82)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books. I'm going to be on a business trip for a couple of weeks, so loaded up on eBooks! Love netGalley!

For Review:

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M Valente
by Catherynne M Valente

Twelve-year-old September lives in Omaha, and used to have an ordinary life, until her father went to war and her mother went to work. One day, September is met at her kitchen window by a Green Wind (taking the form of a gentleman in a green jacket), who invites her on an adventure, implying that her help is needed in Fairyland.

***

Dark Territory by J. Gabriel Gates
by J. Gabriel Gates
eBook

In the quaint town of Middleburg, an abandoned train yard and old railroad tracks form the dividing line between two rival gangs - the posh, preppie Toppers and the working-class Flatliners. When Raphael, the leader of the Flatliners, falls in love with Aimee, a Topper girl, the rival gangs prepare to do battle . . . but not with guns and knives. Their martial arts training dictates a strict code of honor, which all of the gang members adhere to. The only hope for peace between the rival gangs lies within the giant X formed where the railroad tracks cross. The awesome power contained in the X sends the Flatliners and the Toppers on a mystical quest to fight against malevolent forces that threaten the existence of Middleburg - and maybe the world.

***

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
by Julie Kagawa
eBook

To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.

***

Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates
by J. Gabriel Gates
eBook

Privileged and popular Caleb Mason is celebrating his high school graduation when he receives a mysterious, disturbing letter from his long-lost childhood playmate, Christine. Caleb and his jokester friend Bean decide to travel to his tiny hometown of Hudsonville, Florida, to find her. Upon arrival, they discover the town has taken a horrifying turn for the worse.

***

Supernatural Noir Anthology
Anthology
eBook

Dark Horse once again teams up with Hugo and Bram Stoker award-winning editor Ellen Datlow (Lovecraft Unbound) to bring you this masterful marriage of the darkness without and the darkness within. Supernatural Noir is an anthology of original tales of the dark fantastic from twenty modern masters of suspense, including Brian Evenson, Joe R. Lansdale, Caitlin R. Kiernan, Nick Mamatas, Gregory Frost, and Jeffrey Ford.


Borrowed:

Soulless by Gail Carriger
by Gail Carriger
eBook

Without a morsel of exaggeration, its publisher describes this debut novel as "a comedy of manners set in Victorian London full of werewolves, vampires, dirigibles, and tea-drinking." At the center of Soulless's "parasol protectorate" is Miss Alexia Tarabotti, a young woman who lacks not only a suitor but also a soul. And those are not her only problems: When she accidentally kills a vampire, it begins a series of events that she must set out to resolve without the help of any proper authorities.


Looking forward to seeing everyone's mailboxes this week!



17 comments:

  1. wow you outdid yourself again!

    Kagawa latest and Carriger!

    The Supernatural Noir has me thinking of Poe - very very interesting.

    Enjoy your fab books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard such good things about The Girl who Circumnavigated.. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do so hope you enjoy Soulless as much as I have! So far everyone I have recommended it to has loved it, so fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Kagawa, Excited about Iron KNight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got The Sleepwalkers this week too! Looks pretty awesome. Happy reading!

    ComaCalm's Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been seeing The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making. Hope its good. Is it out yet?
    Looks like some awesome books this week.
    Happy Reading!!!
    Check out my IMM if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Girl Who looks great. Geeze, I keep seeing Gail Carriger around and really need to get reading that series...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all look great! I need to get a final copy of The Girl Who...I have an arc and the font was so tiny it was giving me a headache!LOL Seemed like a good book, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got lots of great books this week! I haven't got my okay for Iron Knight but I'm hoping it comes soon. I'm 1/3 of the way through Iron Queen...

    I'm curious about the Gail Carriger books and Supernatural Noir reminds me cover wise of The Raven. Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books this week! I'm really excited about The Iron Knight, I love that series! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw a great review of the Valente book earlier this week. I started to read Soulless but never finished.Need to get back to that one

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Sleepwalkers has an amazing cover, I'll be curious to see if the story is as good. Supernatural Noir on the otherhand has to be a winner. How could it not be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fat mailbox. Enjoy all the books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Sleepwalkers sounds really goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cant wiat to read the iron knight, i love that series!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of the covers are really cool - but i shouldnt judge a book by its cover

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u