In My Mailbox (80) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (80)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, July 3, 2011

In My Mailbox (80)

In My Mailbox (80)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Double Cross by Carolyn Crane
Received a eBook review copy of Double Cross by Carolyn Crane from Untreed Reads. Loved the first book, so looking forward to seeing what's up with Justine!

Justine Jones lived her life as a fearful hypochondriac until she was lured into the web of a mysterious mastermind named Packard, who gifts her with extraordinary mental powers - dooming her to fight Midcity’s shadowy war on paranormal crime in order to find the peace she so desperately craves.


And Jacki, Of Course by Amy Gerstin Coombs
Received an eBook of And Jacki, Of Course by Amy Gerstin Coombs for review from Untreed Reads.

Nora's grandchild is due to be born any minute. The occasion is marred by her son's mother-in-law, who never accepted Nora's partner, Jacki, as his other parent. Jacki tells Nora to stop dwelling in the past and dismisses her fears for the future. Can Nora forgive and forget? Should she? What will a mother do to hold onto her family? A short story from their Nibs short story line.


Looking forward to seeing what everyone has gotten in their mailboxes this week! And yea for Canadians finally getting their mail service back! I felt your pain, as I would go nuts without mail for that long!




15 comments:

  1. Hi Alexia, thank you for commenting on my blog! Yeah, basically it's like that, with the only difference that there are no mutants, but it's an amazing saga, you should really give it a try!! And when you've read the first 2 books, check out my interview with two of the characters :)
    I'm following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new books- they look great! My mail box was sadly empty of books all week, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the cover of Double Cross - might read it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! And Jacki Of Course sounds very interesting.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Double Cross sounds really interesting. What's the first book called? I think I'll have to read your review and check out the series, thanks! :)

    My IMM is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Double Cross sounds very interesting. It looks like the girl is very strong, confident heroine. ;) Enjoy the books you got!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Double Cross sounds good, I should check out this series ;)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cat in the mailbox button is too cute! Enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books this week. I've had Mind Games on my wishlist for ages and now there is a second books coming out I have to finally get it.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. And Jacki, Of Course makes me wish I was patient enough to read ebooks. I don't know what it is, but I can spend hours on the computer as long as I'm not reading a book of the screen. Maybe one of these days, but probably not any time soon. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice selection! Must say book two has me curioud but totally enjoy them both! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great haul! Awesome stuff...Happy reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @ Gripped into Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOoo Good Books this week! I've been wanting to read Double Cross for a while. I'll have to check out your review lata :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice books. I can't read e-books because I can't sit that long in one spot.I have to read Print. :)The Kitty is adorable.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u