ARC Preview: The Dark at the End | Alexia's Books and Such: ARC Preview: The Dark at the End
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ARC Preview: The Dark at the End

I receive ARCs every now and again that won't be released for several months, but I don't want to have them just sit there and gather dust. Thought I would feature them to give everyone sort of a sneak peek at upcoming books. This feature was inspired by Shellie over at Layers of Thought.


by F. Paul Wilson

Bound by his promise to Glaeken, Jack has refrained from making any direct moves against Rasalom. But things have changed so there's nothing holding Jack in check any longer. Other changes are occurring as well. Jack is healing at an accelerated rate - much like Glaeken did when he was immortal. This can only mean that Glaeken's time is almost up and when he dies, Jack takes his place.

Rasalom continues to plot against the Lady. Twice she has died and returned; a third time and she will be gone, leaving a clear path for the Otherness to infiltrate this reality. But Ernst Drexler, formerly Rasalom's go-to guy for logistical support, fears he will be left out in the cold when the Change comes. He forms an uneasy alliance with Jack, who is preparing to face their old enemy.

Meanwhile, Dawn Pickering is searching for her supposedly dead baby. The trail leads her to a mansion in a remote Long Island coastal town, where she discovers a truth she could have never imagined.

Now the stage is set for Jack's massive assault on Rasalom. Jack knows he's got just one shot. But it's not just a matter of taking out Rasalom: he also must safely retrieve Dawn's child and minimize collateral damage. So, he comes up with a foolproof plan.

But fools are always with us….


Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: Tor Books (October 11, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0765322838
ISBN-13: 978-0765322838


I am a huge fan of F. Paul Wilson, and think I've read everything he's ever written. Was beyond thrilled when I met him at BEA and was able to get a signed copy of what is supposed to be the last Repairman Jack novel! Ever! Will be sad to see the end of Jack, but looking forward to seeing what Wilson has in store for us next!



9 comments:

  1. I saw immortal and I knew I liked this ARC giveaway.


    Cassandra Hernandez
    Book & Movie Depository blog
    http://www.laurenfraser.com/contest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petty - Hope you give him a chance, as I think he's an incredibly talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun urban fantasy. I know a Paul Wilson. Definitely wouldn't write these kinds of books. Of course I think I would always have my mind on that if I read the book. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read any of the Repairman Jack books though I've seen a few mentioned and they sound good. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison - That would be distracting, wouldn't it? Not silly at all! ;)

    Ryan - I think you would like Repairman Jack, so hope you give him a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of this book before....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its not fair, i never get any ARCs :(

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u