Review: Guy Next Door | Alexia's Books and Such: Review: Guy Next Door

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Review: Guy Next Door

It's not a secret that I love anthologies! They're the perfect quick read that will introduce you to new authors and let you check in with old favorites. The Guy Next Door is a small anthology as it only has three stories, but it's worth picking up!


Ready, Set, Jett by Lori Foster
This story was the reason I picked up this book, as I'd just finished reading When You Dare and wanted to learn more about Molly's sister. Of the three, I think this was my least favorite. Natalie and Jett's relationship didn't ring true for me, as they seemed to just be using each other for sex. I prefer watching a relationship develop as opposed to a play-by-play account of the action. Too many details spoil the mood, as I'd rather things be left to my imagination. Granted, Jett decides he wants to move their relationship forward, but the story just didn't gel for me.


Gail's Gone Wild by Susan Donovan
This story was my favorite of the three! Gail accompanies her teenage daughter and friend on Spring Break to the Florida Keys. Loved that the heroine of this was not only a mother, but the mother of a teenager! Don't see that very often! Enjoyed watching Gail warm up to Jesse, and liked that Susan left things to my imagination and didn't try to cram too much into a short amount of space. Loved that Gail had a Spring Fling on Spring Break!


Just One Taste by Victoria Dahl
Enjoyed this story as it didn't have the usual HEA ending, but instead left me wanting more. Eric is the good brother, who always does the right thing and has to take care of the family business as well as keep an eye on his siblings. Beth is a good girl who just happens to own an Adult Store. Taking advantage of wrong first impressions, they manage to have a good time together. Loved the ending, and can't wait to read more about these characters!


Gave this a 4/5 as I enjoyed the stories and would recommend it to anyone looking for new authors or a quick read. Keep in mind that it is an adult romance novel and all of the stories include sex scenes.



3 comments:

  1. I have to say I wish the guy next door looked like the man on the front cover of this book - no such luck. But then if he was I probably wouldn't get as much reading done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petty - If there was a guy next door that looked like that, bet I'd get a whoooooole lot of yardwork done! (but only on his side of the yard) *L*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL you guys....I second and third your comments though. ^_^ Great job on the review! Though not my cup of tea I can definitely see why you enjoyed it...and you raise very valid points on anthologies. Totally agree. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u