In My Mailbox (78) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (78)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, June 11, 2011

In My Mailbox (78)

In My Mailbox (78)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Jane Jones: Worst. Vampire. Ever
Received a review copy of Jane Jones: Worst. Vampire. Ever. from the Amazon Vine program. Sounds like a fun read!

For Jane Jones, being a vampire is nothing like you read about in books. In fact, it kind of sucks. She's not beautiful, she's not rich, and she doesn't "sparkle." She's just an average, slightly nerdy girl from an ordinary suburban family (who happens to be vampires.) Jane's from the wrong side of the tracks (not to mention stuck in the world's longest awkward phase), so she doesn't fit in with the cool vampire kids at school or with the humans kids. To top it all off, she's battling an overprotective mom, a clique of high school mean girls (the kind who really do have fangs), and the most embarrassing allergy in the history of the undead, she's blood intolerant. (Goodreads)


Chosen by Paula Bradley
Received a review copy of Chosen by Paula Bradley from Meryl L. Moss Media Relations, Inc. Sounds like a good read!

In Paula Bradley’s heart-pounding debut novel CHOSEN, Mariah’s faith, perceptions, and sanity are put to the test. After a suicide attempt, her powers can no longer be concealed. Mariah thought the woes of her powers would be extinguished by taking her life, but somehow a mysterious being saves her and sets her on a journey. The supernatural rescue enhances Mariah’s extrasensory power so much that she becomes a person of interest to the FBI, another government agency, and the media. She can’t escape the intensifying outer turmoil and she quickly finds herself tormented by nightmares and an obsession of trying to find the ambiguous character that haunts her dreams. This page-turning thriller is a trip for the reader as well as the gripping danger and unexplained happenings challenge their own beliefs on the nature of faith and the value of discovery. Is Mariah’s gift a blessing or a curse? You decide! (Goodreads)


Folly Beach by Dorothea Benton Frank
Received Folly Beach by Dorothea Benton Frank as a surprise from the publisher. Might be an interesting summer read!

Home is the place that knows us best. . . . A woman returns to the past to find her future in this enchanting new tale of loss, acceptance, family, and love.


The Devil Colony
Also received a review copy of James Rollins' The Devil Colony from the publisher. Not sure about this one, but it might be another beach read...so I'll give it a chapter or two to see if it's my cup of tea. ;)

Deep in the Rocky Mountains, a gruesome discovery - hundreds of mummified bodies - stir international attention and fervent controversy. Despite doubts to the bodies’ origins, the local Native American Heritage Commission lays claim to the prehistoric remains, along with the strange artifacts found in the same cavern: gold plates inscribed with an unfathomable script. (Goodreads)



Get anything good in your mailbox this week?



9 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy Folly Beach! I have read some of her other books and really liked them. Charleston is such a beautiful place and I love that she chose that area as the setting for her books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your IMM picture with the kitten in the mailbox lol, I just wanted to let you know that :) Anyways, Jane Jones: Worst Vampire Ever sounds like so much fun! I hope that you enjoy all of your books!

    You can check out my IMM post here if you'd like!

    Happy reading :)

    Claire @ YA Bookie Monster

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I want Devil Colony. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good time reading all of them. They sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy all your reads. Folly Beach is the one I particularly like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great week in the mailbox this week. :) Hope your week gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your mailbox....that first one looks like fun and the third is suppose to be a good read though I have never sampled this authors writing. Looks like some great reading in your future...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard good things about Dorthea Benton Frank and James Rollins is good for an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I want THE DEVIL COLONY! I've read almost all of James Rollins works! They're all amazing books! New follower, i hope you can also follow my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u