Read-a-Thon Wrap Up | Alexia's Books and Such: Read-a-Thon Wrap Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Read-a-Thon Wrap Up


I survived my first read-a-thon! Wasn't as productive as I would have liked, but don't consider it a complete failure either. I planned on reading 3 books, which is pretty good for me considering I had to work all week. Only managed to finish reading two, but I also wrote 3 reviews so, overall, I'm happy with my read-a-thon results.

Books competed:

Bitter Frost by Kailin Gow




I also participated in two of the read-a-thon mini-challenges: The Page 69 Test hosted by Julie at My Book Retreat, and the Alphabetical Challenge hosted by Julie at Knitting and Sundries. Both fun challenges! I couldn't participate in Michelle's paragraph challenge as I only read two books, but loved the results other readers came up with! Be sure to check them out, as some even made sense!
Overall, I had a good time. Wish I could have read more as two books in one week is not very impressive, but that was with working and going out to celebrate our anniversary and running errands and playing road warrior. And I'm happy that I could sorta kinda catch up with writing reviews. Going to put this one in the success column! :)



3 comments:

  1. I am never as productive on read a thons as I think I will be.... some day I swear I am going to rent a hotel room and lock myself in it without a phone to avoid life interruptions...LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think you did a great job! And I'm so glad that it was a successful and enjoyable experience for you. I hope you will join us for the summer read-a-thon. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you dedicated time to read, that's cooL!l

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u