BEA 2011 - I have a plan! | Alexia's Books and Such: BEA 2011 - I have a plan!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, May 22, 2011

BEA 2011 - I have a plan!

This year....I have a plan!

I started blogging right before BEA 2009 and was fascinated by all of the posts and tweets. Determined to attend in 2010, I had no idea what to expect. Kristi at The Story Siren was kind enough to share her spreadsheet of YA authors, but I more or less went in unprepared. I missed out on several signings that I simply didn't know about, but at the same time, I managed to pick up some great books while wandering around. This year will be different! This time,
I have a plan!

I know, I know, I probably just jinxed myself and will fall off the ferry or something and never make it to the Javits Center... :(

But I have a plan!

Took me more hours than I want to admit, but I painstakingly went through every single listing on BEA's Search It Find It page and wrote down anything and everything that sounded appealing. Then I went through it a second time and prioritized the offering. Result? A giant spreadsheet to make sure that I don't miss out on my must-see authors! Not going to show you the entire spreadsheet as it's kinda huge, but here are some of the highlights:

Jeri Smith-Ready - Shift Tues @ 9:30AM - 10:00AM
Ellen Datlow - Teeth Tues @ 10:00AM - 10:30AM
Rachel Vincent - If I Die Tues @ 12:00PM - 12:45PM
BEA YA Ed Buzz Tues @ 2:00PM - 3:15PM
Richelle Mead - Bloodlines Tues @ 3:00PM - 4:00PM
Jennifer Lynn Barnes - Trial by Fire Tues @ 3:30PM - 4:30PM
Lauren Oliver - Liesl & Po Wed @ 9:30AM - 10:30AM
Ally Condie - Crossed Wed @ 10:00AM - 11:00AM
Bill Willingham - Down the Mysterly River Wed @ 11:30AM - 12:00PM
panel - YA to Adult: An Author Perspective Wed @ 3:30PM - 4:00PM


If you're going to the Book Expo, what are your must-sees? Are you going with a plan, or winging it? Even with my admittedly over-planned schedule, I'm leaving my options open and am willing to throw it right out the window should something else come up (for instance, Kevin Sorbo invites me out to lunch)(hey, a girl can dream!)(BTW, it's not nice to mock). *snicker*

To everyone going to BEA, have fun! Wear those comfortable shoes, and I hope to run into you in line somewhere! And to those not able to make it this year, be sure to check out Armchair BEA!



3 comments:

  1. You're highlights look so much fun!! I can't wait to hear how it all goes for you! Be sure to take some pictures to share with us too!

    BTW, thanks for the Armchair BEA shout out as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time going. I am only going to BEA Thursday and the BBC Friday. I am pretty much winging it BUT, I did see Val McDermid will be in the autograph signings on Thursday so I hope, hope, hope to get to see her. She is one of my fav authors.

    Maybe I'll see you there. I'll be the one wandering around with the lost look on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a grand time - look forward to your loot list!

    My favorite part of BEA.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u