Sunday, April 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (72)

In My Mailbox (72)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Joe Is Online
Was contacted by the author, who was kind enough to send me a copy of Joe Is Online for my nook. Sounds intriguing!

In 1997 a 13 year-old boy with no friends called Joe went online. He decided the offline world was too harsh to be real. With the help of an internet psychic called Magda Magenta, Joe unleashes a series of co-ordinated attacks on the world, beginning online and spreading into the offline world. He develops an online cult populated by people who've also been let down badly by the real world.

***

Happy Birthday To Me
Happy Birthday To Me by Brian Rowe was another generous author offer for my nook. This one sounded too good to pass up! While my first love will always be physical books, I'm going to be traveling over the next few weeks, so it's a perfect time to test drive eReview copies!

Seventeen-year-old Cameron Martin has a huge problem: he's aging a whole year of his life with each passing day. High school is hard enough; imagine rapidly aging from seventeen to seventy in a matter of weeks, with no logical explanation, and with prom, graduation, and the state championship basketball game on the horizon. That's what happens to Cameron, a mischievous pretty boy who has never had to face a day looking anything but perfect...


Happy reading!


6 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading Happy Birthday to Me! It sounds like such a funny but potentially heart-warming premise! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of either of them! Hope you love them though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to me sounds crazy! What an interesting plot. I'll have to check it out!

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both new to me, so I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cool books there! Haven't heard of either but can't wait to see what you think. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, hope you have a great week and enjoy all your books. :)

    ReplyDelete