Sunday, April 3, 2011

In My Mailbox (70)

In My Mailbox (70)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Cloaked by Alex Flinn
Amazon Vine sent me the ARC of Cloaked by Alex Flinn. Sounded interesting, and didn't realize until I received the book that Flinn also wrote Beastly, which was recently made into a movie.

I'm not your average hero. I actually wasn't your average anything. Just a poor guy working an after-school job at a South Beach shoe repair shop to help his mom make ends meet. But a little magic changed it all. It all started with a curse. And a frognapping. And one hot-looking princess, who asked me to lead a rescue mission.


When You Dare by Lori Foster
Received an ARC of When You Dare by Lori Foster from Meryl L. Moss Media Relations Inc. I've read and enjoyed the books written under her L.L. Foster pen name, so thought I'd give this one a try.

Professional mercenary Dare Macintosh lives by one hard and fast rule: business should never be personal. If a cause appeals to him and the price is right, he'll take the mission he's offered. But then the lovely Molly Alexander asks him to help her track down the men who'd had her kidnapped - and for the first time, Dare's tempted to combine work with pleasure.


The Bond: Our Kinship with Animals, Our Call to Defend Them by Wayne Pacelle
The Bond: Our Kinship with Animals, Our Call to Defend Them by Wayne Pacelle was a nice surprise from the publisher. I love animals, so am curious to learn more about the animal/human bond.

No one can doubt Wayne Pacelle's position on the subject of this book: He is the president and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States and a key official in the Fund for Animals. His new book isn't just a rich celebration of the deeply entrenched bond between animals and humans; it is also a penetrating alarm about widespread cruelty to animals and the threat to thousands of species now facing extinction. A poignant book for anyone who ever loved a pet.


Looking forward to discovering all sorts of great new book from the IMM posts!


8 comments:

  1. I read some amazing reviews of Cloaked a few days ago...and the rest look great! Happy reading! :D

    Check out my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OooOOOOooh, CLoaked looks great! More retelling of fairytales? I'm in. :D

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. say hello to the guys with the abs for moi ;)

    Lori Foster YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, Cloaked! I am really looking forward to reading it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look great! Cloaked looks like fun- enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked Beastly and have been meaning to read more of Flinn's stuff. Enjoy Cloaked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox. Yes, CLOAKED is by the same author....curious to see what you think of it. Oh and the puppy on THE BOND is so cute! Should be a touching story. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Sounds like you had a great week. :) Hope you enjoy all your reads this week and have a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete