In My Mailbox (68) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (68)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, March 20, 2011

In My Mailbox (68)

In My Mailbox (68)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. You're sure to find great new books to read and discover awesome new authors! I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Hounded by Kevin Hearne
Received an ARC of Hounded by Kevin Hearne from the Amazon Vine early reviewer program. Thought it sounded interesting, as I'm not sure I've ever read a book where the main character was a Druid!

Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old - when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.


Contest Wins:

A Very Merry Chase by Teresa Thomas Bohannon
Won a copy of an eBook:  A Very Merry Chase by Teresa Thomas Bohannon. Thought it was pretty cool that the author "autographed" it for me, by adding my name to the title page.

Set in early 19th century Regency England, and harking back in style to the heyday of Georgette Heyer and Barbara Cartland, A Very Merry Chase is a comedy of manners and errors that boasts empire fashions, dashing characters, verbal sparring matches and witty repartee mingled with just a hint of mystery, danger and intrigue.


Purchased:

The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
I've heard so much buzz about The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney that I finally decided to pick up a copy and read it for myself. Love the synopsis I read, so hope it lives up to all the hype!

Freak. That's what her classmates call seventeen-year-old Donna Underwood. When she was seven, a horrific fey attack killed her father and drove her mother mad. Donna's own nearly fatal injuries from the assault were fixed by magic - the iron tattoos branding her hands and arms. The child of alchemists, Donna feels cursed by the magical heritage that destroyed her parents and any chance she had for a normal life. The only thing that keeps her sane and grounded is her relationship with her best friend, Navin Sharma.



Looking forward to seeing what everyone else received this week! The IMM posts are how I find most of my new reads! :)


17 comments:

  1. Nice mailbox! I've only ever heard of the last one....but definitely curious to see how they all turn out for you. Happy reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week. I still have The Iron Witch on my tbr pile.
    Hounded looks really good.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, Hounded! I discovered this book last week, and now I WANT IT! (mainly for.. the cover? XD) Looking forward to your review on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bought Iron Witch last week! I love that cover :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH! I want Hounded so bad!!!
    Great mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh, I have The Iron Witch as well but have not read it yet. Must get to it. Hounded is also a book on my radar.

    Enjoy your reads and thanks for popping into see mine!=)

    Aloha xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won a copy of Hounded and I'm eager to read it, now if the publisher would just send it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thinking that one day I will have to pick up your mail for you! :) Always such good books come your way. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hounded sounds good, I hope it lives up to the synopsis and cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on The iron Witch. I keep confusing it with the Fey series but finally have woken up to the differences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm definitely going to have to check out hounded! i hadn't seen it before, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you enjoy these books. :) I want to get Iron Witch at some time as it sounds like something I would really enjoy. Oh, I got the email on the Amazon Vine too. But I was worried about the line about not being able to publish the reviews on other sites that sell the book. I don't know if that is really fair to the authors. :) But I'm still thinking on joining. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! New follower! I can't wait to read The Iron Witch, it looks so great! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books !!, I'm very interested in The Iron Witch, can't wait to read your thoughts about it. :) Happy reading!!.


    Mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hounded sounds amazing! I'll definitely be on the lookout for that one. And that cover! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lo-ove the blog design. great post.

    I woke up Sunday a.m. to find my blog, my 500 plus followers, my 100plus author interviews, and my 200 plus reviews gone. Blogger gave no explanation, but I think the account was hacked. Change your password often!

    I have reloaded the interviews and reviews, plus redesigned the blog. But if you could, please hit the "follow" button so I can reclaim the fellow bloggers I miss. I'm still following you, as my account remained--thank goodness!
    http://kellymoranauthor.blogspot.com

    Thank you!
    Kelly Moran
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very different books,they both sound promising. Enjoy your reading of them.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u