Sunday, March 6, 2011

In My Mailbox (67)

In My Mailbox (67)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:
Received a galley of Chaos Unleashed by Barry Hoffman from Media Masters Publicity. It's huge, and looks a little like a film script instead of a regular book. This is book 3 in the Shamra series, but I wasn't able to find any info online to link for you. This one is due out in May, and sounds intriguing!

The Shamra Chronicles follow the adventures of Dara, a young Shamra girl who leads a ragtag resistance against the violent conquerors who have invaded her land. But even as she fights the invaders, Dara must also struggle against the patriarchal and oppressive rules of her own people. Although she is criticized for being outspoken and different, Dara never gives into the pressure to conform. (press release)


Gifts:
Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
Received an ARC of Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton as a gift from my friend J. Kaye. She's one of the first bloggers I found when I started my blog, and I've learned so much from her! She's currently taking a break from blogging to work on her novel, and charting her progress at 365 Days of Novel Writing.

Ari can’t help feeling lost and alone. With teal eyes and freakish silver hair that can’t be changed or destroyed, Ari has always stood out. And after growing up in foster care, she longs for some understanding of where she came from and who she is. Her search for answers uncovers just one message from her long dead mother: Run.


Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann
Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann was the second ARC that J. Kaye very generously shared with me. I'm lucky to have such awesome blogging friends! :)

The community of Cryer’s Cross, Montana (population 212) is distraught when high school freshman Tiffany disappears without a trace. Already off-balance due to her OCD, 16-year-old Kendall is freaked out seeing Tiffany’s empty desk in the one-room school house, but somehow life goes on... until Kendall's boyfriend Nico also disappears, and also without a trace. Now the town is in a panic. Alone in her depression and with her OCD at an all-time high, Kendall notices something that connects Nico and Tiffany: they both sat at the same desk.


Looking forward to seeing everyones mailbox this week!

16 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked both Cryer's Cross and Darkness Becomes Her. I hope you do too. Happy reading!

    My mailboxes are here and here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower also! Great IMM! Haven't read any of them but I have a few!
    Check out my blog and follow along as well!
    Thanks.
    Blake (The Book Bell)
    http://thebookbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read Darkness Becomes Her! It took me forever to realize that Kelly Keaton and Kelly Gay were the same person, but I've read some of her adult novels and really enjoyed them. I'm curious to see what she can do with YA!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished Darkness Becomes Her and it is AWESOME. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab reads! I can't wait to read Cryer's Cross.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice IMM.

    Can't wait to hear what you think of Darkness becomes Her. I've heard mixed reviews on Cryer's Cross so I'm holding off until I hear your take on it.

    Keeping fingers cross that they meet your approval :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower! :) I want to read Cryers Cross!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots more great reads there! enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cryer's Cross is one I want to read. Can't wait to see your review. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Ryan said... I want to read Cryers Cross so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books you got this week. They all look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You plan to go to BEA?! Yay! It's going to be so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got great books. Have fun reading them. I just finished reading the Wake trilogy, and I can't wait to read more from McMann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you got Kelly Keaton's book! I want to get that one. :) I do hope you enjoy it and all your books. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete