Review: The Iron Queen | Alexia's Books and Such...: Review: The Iron Queen

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, February 21, 2011

Review: The Iron Queen

Book Review:  The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Source:  ARC provided by the publisher

Rating: 4/5

My name is Meghan Chase. I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. This time, there will be no turning back. (Goodreads)

My Thoughts:

This is the third book in one of my favorite series! By now, we've gotten to know Meghan, Ash, Puck, and the three fey courts (Summer, Winter, and Iron). We learn more about the Iron Fey and come to realize that no matter what the Summer and Winter courts do, the Iron Fey are here to stay.

The story picks up shortly after the previous book, which I really appreciated. Don't really like missing any of the action, so I love it when the next book in the series picks up right where we left off! I recommend reading the first two books in the series for the full background, as I don't know if you would fully appreciate what's happening without reading the books in order. Especially the relationship dynamics.

Meghan is really growing as a character, and throughout the series she has struck me as more mature than the typical teenager. I know that the fey are all older than they appear, so had no problems with how Ash and Puck acted.

All Meghan wants is to go back to her family and her normal life, but sorry girl, that's not gonna happen! Whether she likes it or not, her fate is now tied to the fey. Really enjoyed Meghan's adventures and learning more about the fey courts, and Julie (the author) did a great job with the ending! Thought that this was going to be the last book of a trilogy, but just found out that book four is due out in November. So glad that we don't have to say goodbye to these characters yet, as I love them all (especially Puck!). :)

Gave this a 4/5 rating as I really enjoyed it. The series is holding up well as the characters aren't static, the plot progresses at a good pace, and the progression of events makes sense. All in all, a great read for the fantasy lover!



6 comments:

  1. I keep reading such good things about this series, I guess I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Alexia! You won the $5 Amazon gift card from TSN, so please email me when you have the chance. :)

    Also, great review. I LOVE the Iron Fey series; it's one of the few series I haven't lost interest in because, I agree, it isn't static. Can't wait for the next one! :D (But Team Ash, lol. <333)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agghhhhh, I seem to not be able to get caught up here! I still have the first book, Iron King on my shelf to read yet. I sooo wanted this and really need to get to it. Glad you enjoyed this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is nearing the top of my TBR pile--I can't wait to read it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u