Saturday, February 26, 2011

In My Mailbox (66)

In My Mailbox (66)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Ascension by Sable Grace
Received an eBook of Ascension by Sable Grace for review from netGalley. Looks like my kind of book!

The gates of hell have opened, and one woman will stand in the crossfire as the Dark Breed -- vampyre, demons, shape shifters -- and mankind fight their last battle for survival. Kyana is half Vampyre, half Lychen... and the last of her kind. Determined, dangerous, and damned, she has no love for the mortals who have imprisoned and misused her. But when the Order of Ancients entrusts her with a mission -- to find the key that will send the Dark Breed back into Hell for eternity -- Kyana has no choice but to accept.

My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent
Received a copy of My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent from the Amazon Vine reader review program.

Trying to work things out with Nash - her maybe boyfriend - is hard enough for Kaylee Cavanaugh. She can't just pretend nothing happened. But "complicated" doesn't even begin to describe their relationship when his ex-girlfriend transfers to their school, determined to take Nash back.  See, Sabine isn't just an ordinary girl. She's a mara, the living personification of a nightmare.

Kim Harrison's Pale Demon
Received a review copy of Kim Harrison's Pale Demon in a surprise package from the publisher! I love the Rachel Morgan series and was practically shaking with happiness when I saw the book! Yes, my DH was laughing at me while I was stroking my newest precious in joy, but pfffft to him! He's not a reader, so doesn't understand. *L*

Condemned to death for black magic and shunned, Rachel Morgan has three days to somehow get to the annual witches convention in San Francisco and clear her name. If she fails, the only way she can escape death is to live in the demonic ever after . . . for ever after.

The Bone Yard by Jefferson Bass
The Bone Yard by Jefferson Bass was another surprise from the publisher. I am in book heaven!

In this latest thriller from New York Times bestselling author Jefferson Bass, Dr. Bill Brockton discovers the dark side of the Sunshine state when he's called in to investigate human remains found on the grounds of a boys' reform school in Florida...The Bone Yard

Dark Prince by Christine Feehan
The third surprise in my bag of publisher joy was Dark Prince by Christine Feehan! I've heard nothing but good things about Christine's Carpathians series, but never got around to reading it. This is a special edition of the first book, with additional material. Very excited to finally start this one!

Enter the enchanting world of the Carpathians, where dark adventure, mystery, and love await, and the desires of two daring hearts unite in one irresistible passion.


Looking forward to seeing what everyone received this week!

16 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I have 2 Kim Harrison books in my TBR- I'll look forward to your review of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got lots of good books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my soul to steal looks so good!! i haven't started that series yet. enjoy!

    In the Hammock Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi alexia!

    i have yet to read the soul screamers series but the books all look so pretty and they sound good. i hope you enjoy mststeal and your other books.

    happy reading :)

    Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound great! Definitely a good week! I hope you enjoy reading them all! :D
    My IMM:
    The Delusional Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. You received a lot of awesome books in your mailbox this week! I would love to read the Screamers series, but haven't gotten around to it yet. The covers are amazing though. I like the sound of Pale Demon as well. Enjoy reading!

    Take a look at what I found in my Mailbox this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fanstastic pile of books! They all look very interesting. Happy Reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Rachel Vincent series sounds awesome. I have the first one on my shelf at the moment and I'm looking forward to reading it soon. Pale Demon sounds interesting. I've not come across this author before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab books! I want to read Rachel Vincent's book. How did you get involved with Amazon Vine? I post my reviews up there and am wondering at what point they ask people to join...or if it's random.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't go wrong with Feehan.

    Sneaking a peak again at My Soul to Steal... what is this... going to look into it more.

    Enjoy the reads and your Mailbox karma hit you with some positive reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Soul to Steal- this cover is so intriguing it makes me want to read the whole series immediately! Really need to buy it soon!

    You can find my IMM post here !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh great week! There is a few series on here I want to start, but can't seem to get to. :) Do hope you enjoy all the books and have a great week!

    I'll be posting my Monday's Beginnings tomorrow some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice mailbox! Love the "Steal" cover, beautiful colors....and (author) Bass is suppose to be pretty good stuff. Happy reading...can't wait to see what you think. ^_^

    ReplyDelete