In My Mailbox (65) | Alexia's Books and Such...: In My Mailbox (65)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, February 20, 2011

In My Mailbox (65)

In My Mailbox (65)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. This is a great way to discover new authors and titles you might not have found otherwise! I know that my wishlist grows almost every time I read another IMM post! I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

Contest Wins:

Dead Beautiful
Won a copy of Dead Beautiful from Breia over at Literaturely Speaking. I've heard good things about this book, so was thrilled when I won Breia's End of Year Party contest and she let me choose the prize!

On the morning of her sixteenth birthday, Renée Winters was still an ordinary girl. She spent her summers at the beach, had the perfect best friend, and had just started dating the cutest guy at school. No one she'd ever known had died. But all that changes when she finds her parents dead in the Redwood Forest, in what appears to be a strange double murder.


Purchased:

As Lie the Dead by Kelly Meding
Downloaded a copy of As Lie the Dead by Kelly Meding to my nook. Couldn't resist, as I loved Three Days to Dead so much! This one picks the story up where book #1 left off, and it's just as awesome! Yes, I've already finished reading it. Awe-some!

Evangeline Stone, a rogue bounty hunter, never asked for a world divided between darkness and light . . . or the power to die and live again in someone else’s borrowed body. After a murder plot meant to take her out leaves an entire race of shapeshifters nearly extinct, Evy is gnawed by guilt. So when one of the few survivors of the slaughter enlists her aid, she feels duty-bound to help - even though protecting a frail, pregnant shifter is the last thing Evy needs, especially with the world going to hell around her.



Looking forward to seeing what everyone else received this week!



10 comments:

  1. Dead Beautiful sounds great. I'll be eager to read your review. And you reminded me that I have Three Days to Dead on my Kindle just waiting for me to find time to read it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as lie the dead looks really good. enjoy your books this week and happy reading :)

    - michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a theme! Both of your books have the word "dead" in them. You must be in a haunting mood :) Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Dead Beautiful win! I'd LOVE to read that!! You can see my IMM here if you'd like :) http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great mailbox. Happy reading, I look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats for winning Dead Beautiful! Happy reading. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice mailbox! Though both look intriging...have to say I'm most curious about Dead Beautiful (and congrats on the win!). Can't wait to read your review....happy reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Dead Beautiful had caught my eye as well. So glad you won it. :) Hope you enjoy it. :) And As Lie the Dead is a great read too. :) Hope you enjoy both your books and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u