In My Mailbox (64) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (64)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, February 13, 2011

In My Mailbox (64)

In My Mailbox (64)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It's a great way to discover new authors that you may not have found otherwise! I love the IMM posts, and hope that Kristi knows how much we all appreciate her hard work! I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Eat Prey Love by Kerrelyn Sparks
Received an ARC of Eat Prey Love by Kerrelyn Sparks through the Amazon Vine review program. This is my first book from Amazon Vine, so was very excited! The title caught my eye, and the synopsis sounded like it was right up my alley! Love shape shifters!

Carlos Panterra is looking for a mate, a woman who will love and care for the young orphans he's recently taken under his wing (or paw, as the case may be). When the shape shifter spies the beautiful Caitlyn, it's like sunshine amidst the darkness. At last, he's found the perfect woman, except . . .



Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand is the second Amazon Vine ARC I received. Happy dance time! I've seen this book around the blogosphere and am really looking forward to reading it. Love that cover!

In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . . Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.



From the Library:

Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy
I saw Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy reviewed by Alaine, over at Queen of Happy Endings. The title caught my attention first, and as I'm a terrible procrastinator, I decided to give it a shot.

With the pace of life increasing at a record rate, performing at peak levels while avoiding overload is more crucial than ever. In Eat That Frog! Brian Tracy offers his most successful strategies for focusing on important tasks. The philosophy of eating a frog doing a distasteful job or activity is the basis of the book.


Looking forward to seeing what everyone else received this week!



12 comments:

  1. Unearthly looks really good, I can't wait to read it. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Eat, Prey, Love but haven't read it yet! Had to get it for the cover alone LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reads! I enjoyed Unearthly. I am more interested in Eat Prey Love than Eat Pray Love :-)
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to add more love for Unearthly. It was one of the books that has helped to cement me as a YA fan. (along with Delirium, which has been my favorite) I hope that you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    I can't decide which one has the cooler title: Eat Prey Love or Eat That Frog!

    And now that I've written that, of course I found it easy to make up my mind . . . =P

    I'm going with the second one, since it has the potential to become spawn one of the great proverbs of world literature, while the other is as faddish as the hipster memoir it is based on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did enjoy Unearthly. I hope you do too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazon Vine? What is that? is it open for everyone?

    I am looking forward to read Unearthly. I really want to have the copy.

    The rest of them are new books for me.
    Thanks for posting the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Alexia! Great Mailbox! Woo-Hoo for Unearthly *great cover* I absolutely loved it! I hope you enjoy it as much;) Oh I see another book I've been wanting Eat Prey Love...can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    Happy Reading!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first two books have great covers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eat Prey Love... hmmm Julia Roberts might like this version more ;)

    Unearthly is getting some amazing reviews will be looking forward to what you think.

    What the heck.. Eat that Frog... What is this about. Girl going to send you frog legs for lunch next ;P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice mailbox! Loving the Unearthly find....but the EAT THAT FROG title made me do a double take! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u