Friday, January 28, 2011

Review: I Remember Nothing

I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron
I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron

Source:  Personal Library

Rating:  3/5

Nora Ephron returns with her first book since the astounding success of I Feel Bad About My Neck, taking a cool, hard, hilarious look at the past, the present, and the future, bemoaning the vicissitudes of modern life, and recalling with her signature clarity and wisdom everything she hasn’t (yet) forgotten. (Goodreads synopsis)

My Thoughts:
Nora Ephron is a very talented, witty, clever writer. I enjoyed her book I Feel Bad About My Neck, so ordered this one online. I like that it's a collection of essays and lists, so I could pick it up for a quick read whenever I had a spare moment.

This collection was a little uneven, as I really enjoyed some of the essays but not others. Some of them I just couldn't relate to, such as her beginnings as a journalist. Some seemed like page-fillers, such as the lists of what surprises people, what she'll miss, and what she won't miss. But some found me nodding my head in agreement, thinking once again that Nora is a genius!

Gave this a 3/5 rating because of the uneven quality, but think it was still worth reading. Like I've said before, Nora is an incredibly gifted writer and I'm a big fan. Pick up a copy and let me know what you think...

4 comments:

  1. I have this one on my stacks...looking forward to it.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have I Feel Bad About My Neck on my shelf waiting to be read. Sometimes essays fall short of my expectations so often I am not in a great hurry to read them. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has been wanting to read her since she saw her on a show. I might have to pick it up for her and read it first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas, when it's a collection of assorted posts or essays, the tendency of not liking a handful or more is there. Too bad it didn't rate higher for you but better luck on your next reading adventure!

    ReplyDelete