Just when I think I'm done signing up for challenges, I find yet another one to suck me right in! I had actually considered this challenge before and decided against it, but then I went a little crazy on netGalley this morning. Went there to request one particular eARC, started browsing, and let's just say my I went a little overboard and leave it at that... *blush*
This challenge used to be hosted by Alaine at Queen of Happy Endings, but is now hosted by The Ladybug Reads. While I'll never give up physical books, I love my nook and all the free eBooks I've downloaded from BN.com! Love their Freebie Friday offers! And you already know about me being like a kid in a candystore this morning at netGalley. As I have over 60 eBooks on my nook right now, thought I might as well track how many I read. And what better way to keep track than thru a challenge?
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
--Non-bloggers: Include your information in the comment section.
2. There are 7 levels:
- Curious – Read 3 e-books.
- Fascinated – Read 6 e-books.
- Addicted – Read 12 e-books.
- Obsessed – Read 20 e-books.
- Possessed – Read 50 e-books.
- Fanatical – Read 75 e-books.
- Monomaniacal – Read 100 e-books.
4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
5. Challenge begins January 1, 2011 and lasts until December 31, 2011.
6. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to your post about the E-Book Reading Challenge. Include the URL so that other participants can join in and read your reviews and post.
I've decided to try for the Obsessed level of reading 20 eBooks. Think my previous challenge failures were because I was too ambitious, but I think I can easily handle 20 eBooks in one year!