Well, I didn't do very well with my 2010 challenges. Completed a couple of them, came thisclose on one or two, and won't even admit to the ones I didn't even start, much less complete! :o
Was only going to join one challenge for 2011, then I saw the What's In A Name 4 Challenge, hosted by Beth Fish Reads. This is the fourth year of the challenge and I'm not sure how I missed it last year, but it looks too good to pass up!
Here's How It Works:
Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why, etc.
- A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception, etc.
- A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee, etc.
- A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler's Wife, etc.
- A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely, etc.
- A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child, etc.
Other Things to Know:
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, but encouraged.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order
Only 6 books to read, and an entire year to complete the challenge! Think the catagories are fun, and the challenge is totally obtainable. Famous last words, right? *L*
Wish me luck!