In My Mailbox (60) | Alexia's Books and Such...: In My Mailbox (60)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, December 26, 2010

In My Mailbox (60)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the book.

For Review:
Received an ARC of The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card from the publisher. Card is a living legend, and this one looks like another winner!
Dan North knows from early childhood that his family is different - and that the differences are secrets that can never be told. This contemporary Urban Fantasy introduces the North family, a clan of mages in exile in our world, and their enemies who will do anything to keep them locked here.


Received an ARC of The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern from the publisher. I adore her books, so couldn't turn this one down!

Tamara Goodwin has always got everything she's ever wanted. Born into a family of wealth, she grew up in a mansion with its own private beach, a wardrobe full of designer clothes and all that a girl could ever wish for. She's always lived in the here and now, never giving a second thought to tomorrow. But then suddenly her dad is gone and life for Tamara and her mother changes forever. Left with a mountain of debt, they have no choice but to sell everything they own and move to the country. Nestled next to Kilsaney Castle, their gatehouse is a world away from Tamara's childhood. With her mother shut away with grief, and her aunt busy tending to her, Tamara is lonely and bored and longs to return to Dublin. When a travelling library passes through Kilsaney Demesne, Tamara is intrigued. Her eyes rest on a mysterious large leather bound tome locked with a gold clasp and padlock. What she discovers within the pages takes her breath away and shakes her world to its' core.



Purchased:
Picked up a boxed set of the first three books in The Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I've heard good things about this series, and the set was on sale for half price, so thought I'd give it a try.

For generations, four Clans of wild cats have shared the forest according to the laws laid down by their warrior ancestors. But now the ThunderClan cats are in grave danger, and sinister ShadowClan grows stronger every day. Noble warriors are dying - and some deaths are more mysterious than others. Into the midst of this turmoil comes an ordinary house cat named Rusty . . . who may turn out to be the bravest warrior of them all.


A Christmas gift to myself. I am a truely, madly, deeply adoring fan of Neil Gaiman, so bought myself a copy of Instructions. This way, I'll be prepared should I ever fall through the rabbit hole! ;)


Another gift to myself. Stories is a collection of short stories edited by Neil Gaiman. What can I say? I'm a sucker for almost anything with Neil's name on it! *L*


Hope everyone got lots of book goodies over the holidays!
Happy reading!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know Cecelia Ahern has a new one coming out! I love her books too (with the exception of The Gift ... wasn't crazy about that one) and The Book of Tomorrow sounds intriguing.

    I have Stories out from the library now and hoping to get to it sooner, rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecial Ahern's newest sounds like a good read. I always meant to read the one the movie was based on but somehow still haven't gotten around to it. So many good books out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your books look really good! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good and enjoy the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look like great books, I've never heard of The Warriors series before, I'll have to look into that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, you got Card's book too! :) It looks really good. Ii am looking forward to when I can get into it. And the rest of your books look great! :) Have a great week and enjoy your reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of the Orson Scott Card book eventhough I haven't read one of his in years. My favorite is the one about the seventh son of a seventh son. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice mailbox! Hey, I got a copy of THE BOOK OF TOMORROW a week or so ago too! Isn't the cover marvelous? Looks liek some nice gifts for yourself there too...happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read the new sci fi card, so will be skipping the fantasy...but you like his fantasy best? If I recall. :)

    I also got that second book in the mail a few days ago... I bet you read it before me...The book of Tomorrow.


    Luv you Merry Catmus post! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just looking at The Book of Tomorrow earlier today, it look great! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I be stupidly jealous of the Orson Scott Card book???

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u