Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2011 | Alexia's Books and Such: Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2011

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2011

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
I find challenges hard to resist and have mixed results with the ones I sign up for. Had really high hopes for completing the 100+ Reading Challenge this year, but am sad to say I've only read 82 books. Here it is the end of November, and I can't really see myself finishing 18 more by the end of the year. :(

While I have read more this year than I did in 2009, I'm setting myself the goal of completing the full 100 in 2011! Since J.Kaye is no longer hosting the 100+ Challenge, I was very excited to find this cool Outdo Yourself challenge hosted by The Book Vixen! Looks pretty straightforward, and I am determined to succeed!


Details:

•Runs January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011 (books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. You can sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
•The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2011 than you did in 2010. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
•Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
•Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.
•You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them. It is not required that you review the books you read for this challenge but feel free to do so.
•Post this reading challenge on your blog so you can keep a list of the books you’ve read for this challenge. •You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. You can keep tabs on books you’ve read for this challenge on Goodreads or LibraryThing if you’d like (maybe make a shelf for “Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge”).

Levels:

Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books
Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books

I'm going for the I'm on Fire! level, as that will take me to my goal of 100 books read. Wish me luck!



3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! I thought I had found all the darn challenges but nooooo, you have to post a new one! LOL On my way to join. Have a great Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes good luck to you...

    81 books is really amazing when you think about it and you still have a bit to go. You have beat me!

    Its more than most folks read for years or in a life time for that matter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See that's the reason I don't usually do challenges...fear of failure. But KUDOS to you for even trying! Congrats on the greater number of reads this year...may next year's number outshine even that. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u