In My Mailbox (55) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (55)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Saturday, October 2, 2010

In My Mailbox (55)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books. The book gods were generous this week! And I strongly deny my DH's unwarranted assertion that I was petting and crooning to my new babies books! *L*

For Review:

Received a huge envelope full of books from Simon & Schuster that turned me into a puddle of joy! Seriously. A puddle of joy! Ever read that someone was 'aquiver with excitement'? That was me when I opened this envelope! I have never received this many books from a publisher before, and every single title was perfect! I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but I feel like I've died and gone to book heaven!

I remember reading about The Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor, Vampire Slayer by Lucy Weston and thinking it sounded interesting, but can't remember requesting the ARC. Doesn't matter, as I'm a huge Queen Elizabeth I fan, and can't wait to read about her as a vampire hunter! Couldn't find a cover picture as it's not due out until January, but the cover on the ARC reminds me of a historical fiction title. Sorry I don't have a camera handy to show you, but trust me, it's very pretty. :)


Received the anthologies Full Moon City and Blood Lite II: Overbite. I love anthologies, and the authors in these two collections are amazing! How can you go wrong with Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Allison Brennan, Tanith Lee, and company?

Bleak History by John Shirley looks right up my alley! It's about a bounty hunter who specializes in supernaturals. He's just trying to make a living, but the government has their eye on him. Uh-oh...


There were also two zombie titles in my package of joy: Dying to Live by Kim Paffenroth, and Rise Again by Ben Tripp. I'm really starting to like the new breed of zombie, as they aren't the old school zombies who were easy to kill and a little on the boring side. The new style zombie is awesome!

So now can you understand why the above six titles turned me into a quivering puddle of joy?

But wait....there's more!


Received review copies of Adam & Eve by Sena Jeter Naslund and Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin from William Morrow publishing. These were a nice surprise, as I hadn't requested them and don't remember winning them in a contest. While not my usual genre, they both look interesting and have pretty decent reviews on Goodreads.

I sincerely hope that I don't sound like an obnoxious brat about all of the books I received this week, but I'm just so excited about receiving so many great titles! I had given up on contacting publishers because I never get a response, so I was beyond thrilled when these came in the mail! If these were contest wins that I forgot to put in my spreadsheet, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.

Happy reading!


17 comments:

  1. all of those look awesome! :) Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was a lot of books! But they all seem interesting - even though Elizabeth Tudor Vampire Slayer har me flinching a bit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love S&S! Bleak History has a very cool cover :-)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Overbite is so cool!

    Have to say Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter title has me intrigued. Going to take a peak at it now.

    Happy Reading :)
    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1234388612/mailbox-monday-in-my-mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FABULOUS mailbox !! Hope you have a fun week reading all your treasures.

    Here's my mailbox this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your books this week look awesome! I hope that you enjoy them!

    I'm a new follower!

    You can check out my IMM here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great book week! And yay for zombies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alexia! You got so many great books this week. I want Zombie books! And I'm loving the cover for Overbite!

    And don't worry! As book lovers, we are all allowed to sound obnoxious... errr... excited about adding to our library! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one lucky dog! Your mailbox is always great and I am always jealous. Hmmmmmmm, you do know we are practically neighbors right? Address mix up maybe? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of The Overbite before, so I'll have to check it out. Enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG....it's a zombie invasion run for your lives....Happy Reading. Check out what was In My Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've wanted to read Bleak History for a while now, hope it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Zombie books look interesting! I'll have to check those out.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...I totally understand the puddle of joy you spoke of....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, gush away, that is a great book week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a few of those books. :) They all sound amazing. :) And I have the anthology love too. Hope you enjoy all the books and glad you loved all the ones you got. :)

    Have a great week!

    If you would like to stop by I have my Monday's Beginnings up...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2010/10/mondays-beginnings-58.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely an obnoxious brat! (jk)
    I think those are the newest zombie title in that Zombie Armaggedon series, aren't they?
    Those were some weird zombies.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u