Read Your Own Book Challenge Wrap-Up | Alexia's Books and Such: Read Your Own Book Challenge Wrap-Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Read Your Own Book Challenge Wrap-Up


Well, I did it! I completed the Read Your Own Book August Challenge hosted by Mel at Mel's Books and Info!

Mel let us come up with our own rules and limitations, and my rules for this challenge were pretty straightforward:
  • read only books already on my shelf
  • read ARCs or review copies received during the month that have a September release date
  • the 2 books I have on hold at the library are okay, but no new hold requests
  • no new books
Did much better than I thought I would, and actually read 10 books! That's pretty good for me, so woo hoo!

My books:

1. The Eternal Ones
2. I Am Number Four
3. Blood Song
4. Dante's Journey
5. Dying Bites
6. Derik's Bane
7. Greek: Double Date
8. Homecoming
9. Waking the Witch
10. Gerry Tales

Number 9 was a library book, but that was one of the books already on reserve so when it came in, I went ahead and counted it towards my total. Did really well with resisting buying new books during the month, so will try to keep the momentum going.

Thanks Mel, for coming up with such a great challenge! And making it easy enough for me to complete! :D


 

5 comments:

  1. Woot hon! That is a great achievement with all those tempting beauties out there. And ten books is awesome! Congrats! Definitely a reason to be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo, 10 books is amazing! What a great challenge :)

    Oh, oh, you read I am Number Four?! Have to read your review of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! *throws confetti* Great job! Just finishing up DOUBLE DATE myself...loads of GREEK fun. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a great job. Maybe some of it will rub off on me. I am too busy "getting" to be reading. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and great job on the challenge! 10 books is great and I perfectly understand wanting to read your books on reserve--sometimes you wait a long time for those too! Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u