Saturday, September 25, 2010

In My Mailbox (54)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books. I was on the road all week, so it was almost like a holiday when I came home to find some lovely surprises in my mailbox!

For Review:
Received a review copy of Halo by Alexandra Adornetto from the publisher. Have heard lots of good things about this one, so am excited to finally read it!


Contest Wins:

So excited to find out that I had won a prize from Breia's Blogmania giveaway! She has a great blog called LiteraturelySpeaking, so be sure to stop by and check it out! The box was waiting for me when I returned home, and I was so happy when I saw it that I did a happy dance! *L*

Received copies of Heartless and Wicked by Sara Shepard. These are books #7 and #8 of her Pretty Little Liars series, and I'm looking forward to discovering a new-to-me series!

Also received a copy of Underground by Kat Richardson. This is book #3 in her Greywalker series, and I've already read the first book, so am almost caught up! Kat is an awesome writer, and I'm looking forward to reading this one!

Isn't this a gorgeous journal? It's a beautiful, soft, handmade leather journal from Dancing Grey Studios. I love journals, and this is definitely the nicest one in my collection! Almost too pretty to use, I'm going to save this one for something special!


From the Library:

Room by Emma Donoghue was one of the BEA Editor's Buzz picks this year, but I wasn't able to get my hands on a copy. Disappointed that I couldn't get a review copy, I put a request hold on it at my local library. This one looks so good that I'm probably going to buy a copy of my own, but wanted to make sure it was worth buying first. Sounds awesome!

Purchased:

Picked up copies of The Accidental SorcererWitches Incorporated, and Wizard Squared by K.E. Mills at my library's annual Fall Book Sale. I haven't read this series, but they sounded like so much fun that I couldn't resist! Also picked up a copy of Vampires are Forever by Lynsay Sands at the same sale.

This is the eighth book in Sand's Argeneua series and, while I usually like to start with the first book, I didn't realize that this was number eight. Figure if I like it, I can go back and read the rest. :)

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else received this week, as I play catch-up in the blogosphere!

23 comments:

  1. I think I would like to come and live with you please. Your mailbox is always overflowing with good stuff! Can't wait to hear how you liked Room, I am still undecided as to whether I want to read it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are surrounded by treasures. What a fabulous mailbox. And I love the kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to read Room!!! The first time I ever heard about it was on your blog after you went to BEA and talked about the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh halo I'm jealous!!

    the journal is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great week this week! I'll be interested to see what you think of Halo, I've read mixed reviews on that one but I love the premise. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...great mailbox! I'm also really wanting to read Room and that journal...magnifique!

    Been missing you on Cat Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm anxious to know what you will think of the K.E. Mills books because the first two always catch my eye when I am in the store but when I think "Ok, this time I'll buy them" they are out of the first book and there's NO way I am buying book 2 without reading the first one. ;) They do look amusing though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lynsay Sands Vampire Series! I hope you enjoy it. You can check out my mailbox at Book Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard good things about the Pretty Little Liars series and Room - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read Room, Halo and Underground! :) Great picks! Oh, and I love the journal! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute mailbox kitten! I love Pretty Little Liars, both the show and the books. I'm a new follower and here is my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that journal is GORGEOUS :-) Can't wait to hear what you think of ROOM as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Kat Richardson book looks interesting. I'll have to check it out further.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to read Halo...Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! HALO! I'll be reading that one in a matter of days....and ooh look at the PRETTY LITTLE LIARS books! Oh, oh and the journal! Such lovelies you received this week...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOH enjoy ROOM. I just read and reviewed it this past week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great haul, happy reading, I look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That journal looks amazing! I have a copy of Halo I need to read, too. I hear it's wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Speaking of mail... I'm so excited I got my books that I won during blogmania in the mail from you today!!! I just took a break but for the last 3hours I have been reading the eternal ones! Its ironic, other than the last year, I lived my entire life in East Tenneessee!! While I'm pretty sure there's no such place as Snope City, there is a Unicoi County and a Johnson City which isn't far from where I lived. But anyways when I seen it was set in TN I knew I had to read it first!!! Thank you again for hosting the giveaway and I can't wait to read all of the books!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That HALO book like gloriously good. I look forward to seeing your review on that one.

    As for the journal. Big fat "heart". Love it. I've collected journals over the year. Leather ones, especially. The ones that look used up and abused. Journals so pretty -- I never touch a page. LOL.

    Allison
    Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am jealous of all your books! I am almost caught up on all my overzealous & overbooked product reviewing and now plan to spend more time blogging & visiting again as well as reading.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great collection here! I love the journal. And I hope you enjoy Halo. :) Enjoy all your new picks this week.

    ReplyDelete